The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

NE PA Campground

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Blue Bird 
#1 ·
Tried finding cabins,camps,clubs etc now wondering if anyone knows any year round campgrounds that have hunting,atving and other activities. Id get a travel trailer and set it up there.Looking for somewhere within an hour of easton.

#3 ·
Mt Laurel campground - Albrightsville, PA - AARP

This place is down the road from me. Nothing special, no shower facilities but it is a place to park a trailer. Seems like there is a few that are there year round.
Thing it does offer is it is right down the road from Hickory Run SP, with 9000 acres open for hunting and snowmobiles, a mile from SGL 129, 2 miles from a hung chunk of the Delaware SF which has a huge ATV trails and a section of the Wieser SF. It also is several hundred yards from a Class A native trout stream....Mud Run.
Big Boulder ski are is about 3 miles.

Good Luck

#4 ·
We went to a small campground in Sullivan county one time for deer season. It was called Pioneer Campground. It was near the town of Laport, or Le Porte, something like that. Not even sure if the place is still there but its worth a check. It was a nice little campground. Out of the way, but had sites open to rent during hunting season. They had electric but the water was turned off due to the cold. Best of all was SGL 13 was not far down the road.

#5 ·
Otter Lake is open most of the year, way back they had the Topo of the area showing all the state land. They also have snowmobile owners camping there in cold weather. They are just up the road from my cabin...

However,

There are several places on the SFL where you can camp during hunting season with a permit from the local SFL office. No facilities BUT Otter Lake is expensive....

#6 · (Edited)
Might not be what you are looking for... but Promised Land State Park has 3 "Camping Cottages" over at the Pickerel Point area that are open for rent year round(may be reserved already on "your dates"). There are also limited year round camping sites in that area. (I have not been up since they "refurbished" that area although I keep thinking about renting a cottage for ice fishing). Don't know if any other State Parks offer year round camping in that area - check on the DNRC page for each one.

You can hunt some areas of the Park, plus there is lots of State Forest in the area. Not sure where the closest ATV trails are..... you would have to check on the DNRC page for that. I have seen them riding up there just don't know which lake I was near.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.