Harrisburg show, Whats your thoughts? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Harrisburg show, Whats your thoughts?

My wife and I went there today (super bowl sun). It was a nice show.There were quite a lot of people, different layout for sure, I miss the archery in the arena. there seemed to be more "famous hunters" there. I was a little disappointed that there was not much fly fishing or Trapping stuff there(from what I seen)also not many "show special" prices, ex. Cancooker was same price as cabelas.
Cabelas vendor spot was very small and seemed to cater to weapon merchandise, which is fine. I did get a lot of info and literature on things. My wife sure was happy that there was no trapping Skunk lure or Gusto to stink up he ride home. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 11:06 PM

Re: Harrisburg show, Whats your thoughts?

It's pretty much whitetails and booking a hunt show.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charman03
Yea..kinda the reason I don't like to go...wish they had more sale price things or ammo...etc....if I go I plan on checking out Night Eyes stand..hopefully they have headlamps on hand to sell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca06
Quote:
Yea..kinda the reason I don't like to go...wish they had more sale price things or ammo...etc....if I go I plan on checking out Night Eyes stand..hopefully they have headlamps on hand to sell.
They do
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by op27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca06
Quote:
They do
sounds good thanks!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 11:46 PM
The Man

I don't know what the Sportsman's Show is like now. I haven't been there for thirty or more years. The last time I went they charged me to park my car, they charged me admission at the door, then, inside they tried to sell me stuff.

Does this bother anybody else?

Imagine pulling into the Walmart parking lot and being charged to park your vehicle. Then, at the door, you have to buy an admission ticket. Then and only then you can start to shop after which you will be expected to pay for your goods.

I figure if the folks showing their high priced gear and services off really want me there they will see to it I park free and get free admission to the show.

I trap mink because I don't know any better
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMink
I don't know what the Sportsman's Show is like now. I haven't been there for thirty or more years. The last time I went they charged me to park my car, they charged me admission at the door, then, inside they tried to sell me stuff.

Does this bother anybody else?

Imagine pulling into the Walmart parking lot and being charged to park your vehicle. Then, at the door, you have to buy an admission ticket. Then and only then you can start to shop after which you will be expected to pay for your goods.

I figure if the folks showing their high priced gear and services off really want me there they will see to it I park free and get free admission to the show.

Its a bit expensive to get into the show, $12/person + $8 parking. I had $32 spent before I even stepped out of the car, lol
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 01:43 AM
Part of the Community

i went today and liked it very much! I noticed they eliminated alot of barbecue and dry rub selling booths(and "wonder towels"),and added alot of firearms and AR booths!It never was a show to go shopping for stuff but primarily to book a fishing/hunting trips around the world.
Jim Shockey was there as well as Tiffany lakoski!
magpul,remington.savage.mossberg,beretta,nightforc e,S&W,Walther,NRA with Annie Oakleys 22,euro optics,and even the crabcakes! I liked it better this year than in the past.
way better than spending a 20 at the movies that only last 2hrs, we went all day and was entertained the whole time. not to mention the red rabbit stop on the way home for the wife!

A "clip" is a clip, aka Def: a device, typically flexible or worked by a spring, for holding an object or objects together or in place.
a "Magazine" is a magazine aka Def: a chamber for holding a supply of cartridges to be fed automatically to the breech of a gun.

so a "clip" holds the "magazine" in place. get it?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 01:58 AM
Banned

any .22 ammo for sale?...also I have been there and avoided the $8 dollar parking numerous times....just have to walk a bit..but what outdoorsman isn't up for a little walk
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Part of the Community

its not a store for 22 ammo.

A "clip" is a clip, aka Def: a device, typically flexible or worked by a spring, for holding an object or objects together or in place.
a "Magazine" is a magazine aka Def: a chamber for holding a supply of cartridges to be fed automatically to the breech of a gun.

so a "clip" holds the "magazine" in place. get it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page