Pennsylvania's Largest Outdoor Show + District 8 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Pennsylvania's Largest Outdoor Show + District 8

Never been to this show. Its advertised as the largest Outdoor show. Just how big is it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 01:44 AM
Part of the Community

Re: Pennsylvania's Largest Outdoor Show + District 8

well how big is it? I'd like to know also.

BUTT,BELLY,BEAK,BANG!!!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Part of the Community

The Show will be at the Tuscarora Valley Heritage Grounds September 13th and 14th.There is a large building that will be filled with tables for all kinds of outdoor related items. The cost of the inside tables is $25.00 for an 8' space. Most of the tables are already taken. To check on availability call Chuck Filler at 717-953-2013. Last year there was about 2 acres of tailgaters with all kinds of outdoor stuff,knives,traps, guns, fishing equipment, archery etc. You name it, it was there. We normally have between 800 to 1000 folks come through the gate. The cost for general admission is $5.00 with kids 12 and under free. There is plenty of free parking and another plus is all the property is level and easy to get around. There will be food vendors available while you are shopping. For the folks that use wheel chairs or mobility scooters the lanes between the vendor spaces are graveled. No electric carts, gators or ATV"s allowed in the vendor areas for safety reasons.Something different this year. The cost for the tailgater spaces will be $30.00 each. The difference will be that the spaces will not be lined off. You can use what you need. We have about 90 acres to use so we are going to try this idea and see how it works. We are hoping folks won't spread out to much but we will see how it works this year.
The show is easy to find. It is just off Pa Route 75 just before you get into East Waterford, Pa. For those that use a GPS the Street Address is 6201 Rt 75 South, East Waterford Pa.17201. As a general idea the Grounds are located 22 miles south of Port Royal or 15 miles north of the Willow Hill Exit of the Pa Turnpike. This is District 8's largest fund raiser and we appreciate you folks coming to help us out. All the money we earn is used for youth education such as youth field days or to put on trapper training seminars. There will be trapping demonstrations with experienced instructors starting at 9:00 Saturday morning ( Fox, Coyote, Cats, Beaver ). There will be a cable restraint demo offered as well but it 'does not' include cable certification. Another high lite will be the benefit auction held at 2:00 Saturday afternoon. The auction will be for 'Sporting related material only' no yard sale stuff. The items sold will have been donated to the District. Hope to see you there. Contact information is; Chuck Filler 717-953-2013 or Terry Swartz at 717-536-3733.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Frequent Contributor

ttt
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

I'll be there with the wife this time. Who else is going?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Regular Visitor

Anybody else get some good deals like dogproofs for 10.50 a piece or mb450s for 14.00 a piece?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 06:29 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

What brand of DP's were selling for $10.50 each?

I didn't make it to the gym today. That makes five years in a row.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Regular Visitor

Dutch was selling dukes and the ztraps for 10.50 each or 126 a dozen
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 07:12 PM

My daughter and I were there and looked around at all the booths. We bought a dozen z traps in brown for $125 from Dutch. I also bought a dozen 1.5 dukes and some #2 OS. plus some odds and ends. Dutch treated us real good and he enjoyed seeing another youngster getting involved in the sport. This coming weekend he is having his Dutch Days so you might find some good deals there too.

A squakin' turkey don't live long
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Part of the Community

Thanks to all you folks that came out and supported our weekend. We had about 900 people through the gate Friday and Saturday combined. We were pleased with the turnout to say the least. We didn't have the tailgaters we expected but we had a good selection. The supply dealers that came were smiling when they left. Every time I looked up from the gate you would see boxes and bags of supplies heading to the cars in the field. There was all kinds of new and used equipment to be had. There were guns and ammo all over. I thought the ammo was pretty high though. One find I caught was some 22 short hollow points I couldn't find anyplace. All in all we had a good weekend. Thanks again!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page