bodygrip post - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

bodygrip post

I would have loved to hear some answers on the question.Anybody ever ask a GW about this??I don't know what that guy did to anger people but anyone have answers to the OP question.I'd like to know for myself.Can I set a bodygrip on a log crossing or to the high water mark ect..Or does it have to be in water??Should I just ask the warden covering the area I trap;which is a few different ones??
Thanks,hopefully it stays civil and we can get answers maybe some of you were given from your local wardens

yote addiction: a pack a day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 10:09 PM

Re: bodygrip post

there is no clear cut answer. You are better off to ask the C.O. in the area that you will be trapping. Since it seems this law is kind of gray. Just my thoughts.

Life Member PA Trappers
NRA Life Member
NTA Life Member
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 10:58 PM

I was the OP from that one. It seems it is a gray area so folks get ruffled up over it. You gotta look at both sides of the issue, but that still does not excuse the fact that the law as written is unclear of what we should/could be doing.

The best advice is as longear said. Ask your local WCO for his take on the law as it will be him who would be citing you. I guess this is one of those laws that is up to the discretion of the officer that enforces them.

Semper Fi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 12:02 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by broknaero
I was the OP from that one. It seems it is a gray area so folks get ruffled up over it. You gotta look at both sides of the issue, but that still does not excuse the fact that the law as written is unclear of what we should/could be doing.

The best advice is as longear said. Ask your local WCO for his take on the law as it will be him who would be citing you. I guess this is one of those laws that is up to the discretion of the officer that enforces them.
which ,by most standards is rediculous . laws should not be open for interpretation .
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietsch
Quote:
Originally Posted by broknaero

which ,by most standards is rediculous . laws should not be open for interpretation .
I agree, but it's up to us to get it changed. I could care less one way or the other as long as it was written in a way all can understand.

Semper Fi
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 08:56 AM
The Man

what specifically would you like to know, me and my brother know everything about trapping.

Now your diggin' where the 'tators are!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 04:43 PM
The Man

thought for sure i would get a bite on that...... guess you guys heard that one.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Frequent Contributor

I was dying to correct you.... my brother and I..... Actually, just "me" lol

I'll keep my money, guns, ammo, and health care; you can keep your change
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 09:24 PM
The Man

my uncle used to get the kids on that one.... he would say "my brother and me/i know everything! and when the kids came up this something he couldnt answer he would say "oh my brother knows that."

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat
what specifically would you like to know, me and my brother know everything about trapping.
Just wondering how folks use the different colors and dyes-vs-dips. I understand the dip is easier as you can skip the wax, but takes longer to cure. What other positives of using dips over dye and wax?

Then for color... I've seen clear, white,tand,brown,and black dips. Guess its part of the whole camo idea. Not a big deal for land traps, but I'm thinking this may help with water sets especially body grips. Or am I just overthinking this?

Thanks

Semper Fi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page