160 - 220 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Banned

160 - 220

Well being that 220's are illegal to use for coon in buckets I bought DUKE 160's and there is visually and virtually NO DIFFERENCE in these 2 traps ....

Does anyone know why you cant use 220's i really dont know ....

You cannot tell the difference when one is held up , then the other ....I know that a 220 is 7x7 and a 160 is 6x6 but when held against each other there is almost no visiable difference

Just my observation !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 12:30 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: 160 - 220

because one is illegal . that would be my guess
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 12:49 AM

What does the 160 measure?

Artificial Cubby: A baited enclosure constructed of natural or artificial material that is designed to
house and corral a furbearer into a body-gripping trap. Furtakers are permitted to trap furbearers using
body-gripping traps set in artificial cubbies when all of the following conditions are met: 1) The artificial
cubby is placed within an established watercourse, waterway, marsh, pond or dam. 2) The entrance to
the artificial cubby does not exceed 50 square inches.<span style="font-weight: bold"> 3) Traps no larger than 61/2 x 61/2 inches can be</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">used.</span> 4) The triggering mechanism of the trap is recessed within the artificial cubby at least 7 inches
from the entrance. 5) The artificial cubby is anchored in a manner that it cannot be moved or rolled.
Note: These requirements shall not apply to body-gripping traps that are 51/2 inches or less and set in
artificial cubbies to target mink or muskrat

NOTE TO VEGETARIANS: My food poops on your food! Enjoy your salad!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 12:50 AM
Frequent Contributor

Please don't take offense to this.... This is not a personal attack. Your confuse the heck out of me (happens easily). I just finished reading your reply about people bickering about raw fur, then you bring up/question the legality of 220's again. Next you say there is no difference between the two, then you explain there is an inch difference? Are you referring to the fact that they are both square body grippers? If so, I have some 110's that "is visually and virtually NO DIFFERENCE" from a 330 for sale. Oh yea, I want $200 a dozen because they resemble 330 (all but the size of course).
Deep down, I just wonder why you question so much ethics and laws (i.e. trap size, safety zone, etc.)

I'll keep my money, guns, ammo, and health care; you can keep your change
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 01:05 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by always hunting
Please don't take offense to this.... This is not a personal attack. Your confuse the heck out of me (happens easily). I just finished reading your reply about people bickering about raw fur, then you bring up/question the legality of 220's again. Next you say there is no difference between the two, then you explain there is an inch difference? Are you referring to the fact that they are both square body grippers? If so, I have some 110's that "is visually and virtually NO DIFFERENCE" from a 330 for sale. Oh yea, I want $200 a dozen because they resemble 330 (all but the size of course).
Deep down, I just wonder why you question so much ethics and laws (i.e. trap size, safety zone, etc.)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 01:21 AM

<span style="font-weight: bold">The horse is beyond dead! </span>

" Put that smell down. Won't come around without that smell."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page