Blood preasure remedies - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Blood preasure remedies

Just a couple things you can do to keep from having your traps stolen;

Think about learning to build some blended flat sets,urine posts with out the post,blind sets etc.

When you build a dirt hole set blend the pattern back to near what it was before you started the set(I know you lose the sight appeal but if you are on location the critter will still smell the fresh dug dirt and the lure )

If you are putting a dirt hole at the side of a log road or tractor road,reverse your pattern.instead of the trap being near the road and the hole toward the side turn it around.A lot of the a--holes that steal traps know what to expect when they see a neat little three inch hole with a sifted pattern in front of it.If they can't see the into hole and you blend the pattern the set won't be as noticable to them and they will walk on by.

I know you shouldn't have to sneak around to check traps but don't be any more obvious than you have to.Get your sets back a little off the roads,walk 50 yards farther around a bend so spot lighters can't see eyes,put a cap on your truck so everyone can't see a bunch of traps there in the bed.Vary the direction you use when you check traps,don't be time predictable.If they see you checking every day at 9:00 they know they have to be there before that.
You other guys chime in with ways you use to keep from getting your traps stolen.These ideas can help all of us keep our blood preasure down a bit and may keep us out of trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 10:07 AM
The Man

Re: Blood preasure remedies

you can tell hides are up a little........

Now your diggin' where the 'tators are!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 11:47 AM

When they think your a bit off or touched or crazy they tend to shy away. lol
The ones that don't know you can become problematic until they get (bitten),pursued or worse.

They have the problem, when starting it.

The difference between dreamers and achievers is action.
One try is worth a thousand guesses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Frequent Contributor

Good advice, I like the log set idea, makes sense. I try to check early, use well blended sets, and leave as few tracks as possible.... maybe some additional foot steps so they get more exercise! Like kip said "once people realize what we value," they tend to shy away. There will always be a few "slow ones" that need a "little reinforcement" lol

I'll keep my money, guns, ammo, and health care; you can keep your change

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page