Is it to late to get a bobcat tag? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Is it to late to get a bobcat tag?

A friend of mine said he went today to get a tag and they told him you have to buy one before the season starts.
Is this true? I don't have my game book with me right now.

Thanks!

Who is John Galt?

Nothing like a good bird dog and a fine shotgun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Is it to late to get a bobcat tag?

its true
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 10:03 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownTrout
A friend of mine said he went today to get a tag and they told him you have to buy one before the season starts.

Thanks!
Yep, you had to buy it by the 15th.........I dont understand why people don't just buy it.......not like 6 bucks is going to break the bank if you dont get a chance to use it.......

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 11:45 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownTrout

Thanks!
Yep, you had to buy it by the 15th.........I dont understand why people don't just buy it.......not like 6 bucks is going to break the bank if you dont get a chance to use it.......
then there would be nothing to complain about
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 12:09 AM
The Man

true that its silly not to just get the tag when you get everthing else but also a little silly that for years we had a set amount of tags then threw it wide open but then restricted when you can buy one. the hunting season is a month away.

Now your diggin' where the 'tators are!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 01:38 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat
true that its silly not to just get the tag when you get everthing else but also a little silly that for years we had a set amount of tags then threw it wide open but then restricted when you can buy one. the hunting season is a month away.
I don't disagree with you on that.........but I can't imagine making multiple trips somewhere to get all of the different tags on a hunting license........I just dont understand why people don't just get them all in one shot......

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 02:51 AM
Frequent Contributor

It puts a damper on people that catch first and want to tag later or the buddy that already caught one and caught an extra one and wants to keep it "legal"............
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 03:12 AM

i do like the cut off date....

like Denny said, i know some guys would call buddies to put tags on cats and fisher when they end up with more than 1...now, thats not possible..

i am one of those guys that typically wait to buy tags and licenses...i never know if i will even be in PA...so i buy my hunting license so i can get my doe tags...then when i get home i make another trip to get my tags and licenses...if i bought em all at once and didnt use em all, its near 100$..bear, flintlock, archery, furtaker, cat, fisher, 2 2B doe tags...hunting license and 2 other doe tags are bought before i know..thats a 30 some dollar loss on its own if i dont come home...so thats why i wait...but, i am aware of the dead lines and try to stay up on it...usually once i come home i go to the court house and just buy it all right there when getting 2B doe tags..
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 01:10 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Emery
It puts a damper on people that catch first and want to tag later or the buddy that already caught one and caught an extra one and wants to keep it "legal"............
true that but people that are going to do that stuff will do it anyway, and probably already have a fur takers.
last year i had an old friend who got an unexpected week off. Went to get a lic . to go cat hunting but couldn't. I wasn't the end of the world they still went hunting just couldn't shoot.
To me i guess its kinda like the gun control debate, Criminals are still criminals but the innocent get punished. Also had a nephew who had a kidney replaced. He didnt even know if he was gong to live much less hunt. I had given him a card for his birthday the summer before for a "cat hunt". He called me up and said hey my tests are coming back better and i'm feeling good enough to hunt. but i was too late for him to get a lic.

Now your diggin' where the 'tators are!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page