funny story! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
LLB
Hooked on HuntingPa

funny story!

Read a story on a different post that got me thinking about this.

A few years back this fellow I know thought he had a possum living under his porch. He got the bright idea to set a trap for it using a long piece of wire tied to the porch. Well about three am one morning he and his wife were awakened by a bunch of noise under the porch. Out he goes in his bath robe and bedroom slippers with baseball bat in hand. He proceeds to grab the wire and gives a big yank to extract the possum and out comes a big ole stinker. I don't have to tell ya what happened next but I will. The skunk sprayed him, the porch and the side of the house. Well he was so made at this point that he began to wack the skunk with the ball bat and compounded the problem exponentially. Every time I think of this I have to laugh all over again and I guarantee he will never live it down!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 04:57 AM

Re: funny story!

I <span style="text-decoration: underline">LOVE</span> the smell of skunk. Just not concentrated up close. The truck windows go DOWN when one's around!

My first year trapping, I caught a skunk. Dispatched and continued on the line. Came back and the area was saturated. I abosorbed the stink just by being around it and I guess carrying it on my mountain bike. I got home and the wife greeted me on the porch. From about 15 feet away, I asked if I smelled. She asked "Why would you smell?" I told her about the skunk, and she went for the door. Last thing she said before it shut was "I can't wait til trapping seasons over." (She's used to this stuff now, and is <span style="text-decoration: underline">very</span> supportive of this hobby...even with a newborn to care for).

Democrats. Making decisions based on emotion since childhood.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 05:21 AM
The Man

Banjoman, I'm with you, when I've been travaling and smell a skunk on my return, I know I'm home.

btw, funny story, that got a chuckle out of me too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Administrator

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjoman
I LOVE the smell of skunk. Just not concentrated up close. The truck windows go DOWN when one's around!
I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only one!

I think it comes from my schoolboy trapping days when my brother and I would walk out the house and smell the air. If we smelled skunk we knew there would be fur on the line. Loved the smell ever since.

I also love the smell of fox and fox urine...and drying pelts...and wet dogs...hate the smell of most perfumes lol.

Bet the guy with the skunk under the porch won't do that again!

Eh...wot?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page