Idea's for fast cubby sets??? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Idea's for fast cubby sets???

Anyone have any ideas for fast set up cubbies? I was thinking of taking chicken wire with me since it is very light and then when I find a spot cutting a piece off the roll. This piece would be about 2ft long maybe a hair more in legnth. The height would be determined per set. I guess it could be a walk through or cubby. After cutting I would cover it with hemlock or other avaliable branches. Has anyone tried something like this? Last bobcat season it seemed like everything I tried to use was frozen to the ground. Please post pics or ideas you have!

QDMA LIFE MEMBER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 02:37 AM
The Man

Re: Idea's for fast cubby sets???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5-284BMF
Anyone have any ideas for fast set up cubbies? I was thinking of taking chicken wire with me since it is very light and then when I find a spot cutting a piece off the roll. This piece would be about 2ft long maybe a hair more in legnth. The height would be determined per set. I guess it could be a walk through or cubby. After cutting I would cover it with hemlock or other avaliable branches. Has anyone tried something like this? Last bobcat season it seemed like everything I tried to use was frozen to the ground. Please post pics or ideas you have!
Yep if you are trapping on foot, in remote places chicken wire is the nest thing to use..............just cut a chunk off the roll, make a dome shaped cubby, and brush it in......

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Re: Idea's for fast cubby sets???

I will be on foot with all my gear on my back. I figured the chicken wire would be light enough to carry with all my stuff. How big do all you guys make your cubbies?

QDMA LIFE MEMBER

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page