What Should I Do? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cumberland/Franklin Line
Posts: 851
Back To Top
What Should I Do?

Yesterday while out checking the water line, I discovered that two of my 110's were stolen. They were bottom edge sets on bricks and coni clips. The theif left the bricks, but somehow managed to break two tapcons and also took the clips.
The bridge is not over a major highway, but the road does have some traffic. I had just put these sets in and have not had the chance to catch anything yet.I know there are mink and muskrat at this spot, and would really like to put some traps back in.

Do you guys think I should put some traps back in, or just not trap at this spot? Do you think maybe I should try the other side of the bridge? ( I normally would put four body grippers in, one at each corner, but only had two with me that day.) I also could put in some pocket and double dirthole sets.

I would just like some opinions on what to do.

Thanks, PA Waterfowler
PA Waterfowler is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 03:26 PM
The Man
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Middletown, Pa.
Posts: 7,037
Back To Top
Re: What Should I Do?

Go a rod or two upstream or down and re-set.

I trap mink because I don't know any better
OldMink is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 03:52 PM
New Arrival
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 33
Back To Top
Re: What Should I Do?

What did the CO say?

There could be other similar reports and you could help catch the varmint.

Take pix of tire and/or boot prints if possible.

Also, a good place for a hidden trail cam would seal the deal.

Anyway, like oldmink said, further from the bridge usually works.

Best of luck

buy a soldiers meal next chance you get........
7oaks is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Regular Member
spangler2k3's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Williamsport, PA / Clinton Co. PA
Posts: 1,523
Back To Top
Re: What Should I Do?

in dealing with theft you need to contact state police not a CO

The uncommon man is merely the common man thinking and dreaming of success in larger terms
spangler2k3 is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Regular Member
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Butler, Pa
Posts: 1,248
Back To Top
Re: What Should I Do?

It is illegal under the game code to disturb the traps of another without specific permission, so you can report the theft of traps to a WCO.

One way to make sure crime doesn't pay would be to let the government run it.
Ronald Reagan

DWJ is offline  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome