The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

slow week

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Berky 
#1 ·
First week was pretty good to me. 5 coon, 1 grinner, 1 gray fox, 1 skunk, and 2 feral cats. This week however has been terrible for me. CLosest thing to a catch has been a dug up trap at a dirt hole set along a corn field. Any thoughts? Tips from you guys who have been stackin the fur??

#2 ·
I have been staying away from the fields due to farmers harvesting there crops and set up on wooded trails leading to the fields and gaslines that are a break in the woods running only blended flat sets and post sets. So far for the week 8 coons, 2 reds, 2 coyotes. Hope this helps you out

#3 ·
KEEP LOOKING FOR MORE FRESH GROUND. I had some places set for a week with no action. Then i moved into a couple new farms and hammered reds the first night. checking empty sets can can discouraging especially when everything looks perfect. I plan on going back to the slow places in 4 weeks for another try.

#16 ·
I've had 3 sets out for two weeks now and nothing so far, like FTW said a fox took a dump right at the edge of my one sets

#17 ·
Things will happen fast....If you're on sign, be patient. If no sign, but if you have confidence, be patient.

Use good bait/lure/urine.... Fox will find your set if your close. Coyotes, you need to be in their stall out areas, travel lanes get some, stall outs get more.

#18 ·
Please explain what a stall out area is? I know there's yotes there I saw one at the beginning of November in a field. I've seen them there before too. I have lots of patience, i'm a turkey hunter

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.