game comission - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

game comission

So yesterday i was walking through my farm field to my first set when i noticed a game comission exploxer slow down then leave after checking my first set he was sitting on the roadway near my niegbors house. my niegbor was not home so i kept walking my line. about 300 yards past my first set i crossed a small stream an looked back to see an officer sneaking through the woods on my the niegbors property. i waited a little for him to flag me down or identify himself but he kept moving along the little waterway, so i kept checking my traps figured he would catch up to me sooner or later an i was pressed for time having been at camp for the whole weekend i had alot to do. so i worked down the creek bed right to my house an walked out into the drive way an waited for him to drive by or walk up since its the only house near where he was. after talking to my dad for about a mintue we say the officer standing about 500 yards from his truck on one of our wheat fields, which bothered me becuase i dont like when people damage our crops. when my dad drove to the field the officer had quickly moved back down to the creek. so i went along the back part of my farm an set some more traps, after about an hour an half the officers truck was still sitting there, it takes me on 15 mins to walk the lower line i started to wonder why he was taking so long an then hit me he was still probly looking for me or looking for my traps. after a while he did drive by very slow and turn around and drive by again an looked right at me set a dp coon trap near the creek bed but never stopped, so i guess he didnt see me. now the more i think about it if he was down there trapping around my stands an looking for my traps 9which are all tagged with my name an address0 he probly just ruined that area becuase i really doubt that he sprayed down with scent spray before hand. i have had several run ins with the comission, i have never done anything wrong and on one occacion i actually had to video the converstation of them acussing my friend of shooting a bobcat, they said they had photos but never produced them and the 'source' they had was actually someone we know an he said he thought a yote with mange was a bobcat. another friend of mine was accused of baiting deer, he asked if they were on his gated farm and the denied it several time after meeting up with the farmer to check the land he asked them again if they had gone on his private property and they said no but had nothing to say when he showed them the picture from his trail cam of the very same officers, they found tht the corn pile was actually on the niegbors farm and fined the owner of that farm. so my question i guess is was i in the wrong for checking the rest of my traps on my private property when i was completely by the law an he had no premission to come onto my farm and im assuming no reason to stop me. i figured he was trying to sneak up on me to see if i was trapping illegealy. im goin to check my sets now and see if they were tampered with since that is unlawful i couldnt see him doing that, i would be willing to bet he will be somewhere waiting for me again since he didnt stop me yesterday

From September to April my world revolves around hunting the rest is preseason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: game comission

maybe they are stalking you !
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Frequent Contributor

Maybe he was investigating a Mt.Lion sighting!! In all seriousness, I would have walked up and confronted him. Maybe he was watching so he knew where to look for your sets!!

16-17 numbers
fox 0
coons 8
coyotes 1
mink 0
muskrat 0
beaver 0
opossum 1
skunk 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Sage

There is no reason to deny being on private property because WCOs have the right under the law to go upon any property, private or public, outside of buildings, in the performance of their duty.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 09:18 PM
The Man

you are not a Ninja, if the Officer wanted to talk to you he would have. Possibly an investigation that might not involve you.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Frequent Contributor

X2 with John S and R.W.J.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S
There is no reason to deny being on private property because WCOs have the right under the law to go upon any property, private or public, outside of buildings, in the performance of their duty.
And what a lovely law that is... How the WCO's acquired such an unconstitutional privilege is beyond me... The police need a warrant or probable cause.. The WCO's need to be on the clock and feel like taking a walk. Isn't that just nice...

It is time to manage avian predators!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Frequent Contributor

While I due not care how some of the wco conduct themselves.
There is a need for a law like this. If they had no right to be on the land how would they do and investigation.An miller don't worry about it if he want to talk he will.

MY GUN MY RIGHT !!!
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 09:52 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappin4reds2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by John S
And what a lovely law that is... How the WCO's acquired such an unconstitutional privilege is beyond me... The police need a warrant or probable cause.. The WCO's need to be on the clock and feel like taking a walk. Isn't that just nice...
Please educate yourself. Open fields doctrine applies to all Law Enforcement. WCO's need warrants for the same stuff that police officers need them for.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietsch
maybe they are stalking you !
I'm on board with this idea!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page