I am just getting into trapping and had a few questions.
1. Do DP's need dyed and waxed to use them?
2. I have heard of guys saying pork scraps from pig roasts make great bait for fox/coyotes. What needs to be done to make it into bait and is it susposed to be a liqiud? Can other meat scraps be used too if they are cooked or uncooked?
Just wondering and thanks in advance for helping to point me in the right direction
1. no i have never treated mine in any way.
2. pork grease,scraps,bacon grease,uncooked meat or scaps of anything can be used.the critters are not picky,just hungry! put it where they will find it and it will work!
life member pa trappers
distric 1,venango co leader
life member vfw
1. DP's do not need died or waxed, but can be. You could also spray paint them, black, brown, or white to draw attention. After a catch though, all the paint or dye will come off. I don't do anything to mine.
2. Cooncrazy hit this one on the head.