pennsylvania outdoor news - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

pennsylvania outdoor news

anyone read the letter to the editor where the guy in sullivan county had his beagle get caught in a trap. wow!he wants the game commission to close trapping season for a week so dogs don't get caught in snowshoe hare season.what a joke. the nerve of some people!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 11:17 PM

Re: pennsylvania outdoor news

Yeah, I read that today. Not all beaglers think that way.

Never Misses
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beagler
Yeah, I read that today. Not all beaglers think that way.
X2

I've had my beagle caught and most of my friends have had they're dog caught at some point. None of us would ever think that way.. Only thing we complain about is when junk traps turn into "cutters".. Closing trapping is just nonsense.. Also, I've experimented with my beagle, he won't give most gland lures a second sniff. It's the bait that he wants to roll in!! lol

It is time to manage avian predators!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 03:00 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

iv cought one beagle and a lab neither were harmed. after talking with the guys i went and marked all my sets to b a nice guy just to turn around and have 6 sets dug up and 2 traps stolen. im sure it wasnt the guys i talked to they live in the area and thanked me for marking them.i try to inform any body i run in to out in the woods what im doing were my sets r just to b nice. during the coyote hunt had a catch stolen from me and traps messed with so maybe they should hold off till trapping seasons over to hold them.aint going to happen its sad the few punish the many. i will mark my sets agen next yr for the law abiding sportsmen in my area because i dont want to catch there dogs and we all have the rights to persue our sport of choice,
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Yep and sent my own letter to the editor. I know not every person who hunts with dogs thinks that way. I'm not a pro but 10 sets for a bobcat to me means he set on every bit of sign he could find. Then you got the guy mad about fishers. I'm mad to I'd like a longer season lol.

2/2 Warlords Fox Co 3rd Plt Follow me!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I read that letter also. The last thing in the world I would have happen is to catch somebody's dog but when you have seasons together like that, it may happen. The fact that he wanted trapping to stop for that week was a bit of a joke because if that week closes then you would have to close for small game season and on and on and on......

The horizon is your starting point.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 01:18 AM

The "ME" generation is growing up. They've spent a <span style="font-style: italic">long</span> time incubating their heads up their own arses and they're finally hatching these ideas that revolve around themselves.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Put signs out warning others?</span> Yeah....how bout the sign telling you what SGL or SF you're on? There's your sign! Not everyone is a Beagler, not everyone is a trapper, not everyone is an archer, not everyone is a flinter. Squirrel, Turkeys, Rabbit or Deer.....we're all hunters. Get to know what seasons are in and deal with it you big babies! <span style="font-weight: bold">Dear <span style="text-decoration: underline">God</span></span>, John Wayne is laughing at today's "men." Whatta buncha Creampuffs!

Democrats. Making decisions based on emotion since childhood.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjoman
The "ME" generation is growing up. They've spent a long time incubating their heads up their own arses and they're finally hatching these ideas that revolve around themselves.

Put signs out warning others? Yeah....how bout the sign telling you what SGL or SF you're on? There's your sign! Not everyone is a Beagler, not everyone is a trapper, not everyone is an archer, not everyone is a flinter. Squirrel, Turkeys, Rabbit or Deer.....we're all hunters. Get to know what seasons are in and deal with it you big babies! Dear God, John Wayne is laughing at today's "men." Whatta buncha Creampuffs!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page