Class Schedule Idea - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Class Schedule Idea

Guys, can we make a sticky for the CR and Successful Fur class schedules? The PGC website is basically worthless for finding these classes. Why they dont go to a master list of courses filtered by dates I will never know. Just looked this morning and theres no classes in the next 5 months within a couple hundred miles of my house. That just cant be. If we create a sticky then we can all share info and keep updated on these courses. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 06:59 PM

Re: Class Schedule Idea

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

i would love to take a class even last yr never found one under 150 miles from were i live to far just to set some snares.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 12:31 AM
Administrator

You most likely didn't find a class because most of us instructors haven't come up with a date for our courses.

I know a CR class will be held at the PTA Convention in June,but the date hasn't been finalized or input into the system yet.

A CR class will be held in Elizabethtown on march 25.

The PGC site is very simple to navigate all you have to do is click on the kind of course you want to take and look for a class. But it's to early in the year for instructors to think about having a class that is most likely why you can't find a class on line.

I do not hold any CR or Furtakers Class until mid September
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Casey, i understand what you are saying and although I appreciate the volunteer work of the instructors and the idea all together, successful furtaking and CR classes would be much more efficient if they were offered in the summer months rather than during hunting season. It would give guys like me, who trap but have never used CR's a chance to get to learn the trade and practice building / setting snares before the season. With that being said, I work in the technology field and when I say that the PGC website is basically worthless, it should hold some weight. I know the PGC is understaffed and overworked as is but they could do much better with updating and maintaining their website. Check out the sites of other states surrounding PA....awesome sites. But hey, something is better than nothing. Thanks for the tip. I still think a sticky would be the way to go....guys like you who hold these kinds of classes can post them before the commission "gets around to it." Take it easy.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONCITYDEMO
Guys, can we make a sticky for the CR and Successful Fur class schedules? The PGC website is basically worthless for finding these classes. Why they dont go to a master list of courses filtered by dates I will never know. Just looked this morning and theres no classes in the next 5 months within a couple hundred miles of my house. That just cant be. If we create a sticky then we can all share info and keep updated on these courses. Thanks.
I like the sounds of that sticky.

Who is John Galt?

Nothing like a good bird dog and a fine shotgun.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Administrator

The thing that really gets my dander up are guys that got certified to be a CR instructor and to this day have never held a class.

and as of last year there were vstill a few of them out there.

By now I would imagine that their certification has been revoked?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Casey,

What all is involved with getting certified to be an instructor?

Thanks,

BT

Who is John Galt?

Nothing like a good bird dog and a fine shotgun.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 09:51 PM
DWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONCITYDEMO
..guys like you who hold these kinds of classes can post them before the commission "gets around to it." Take it easy.
It is my understanding that once the instructor or in some cases the Officer sets up a course, he/she is the one to post it to the calendar on the commissions website.

One way to make sure crime doesn't pay would be to let the government run it.
Ronald Reagan

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey
You most likely didn't find a class because most of us instructors haven't come up with a date for our courses.

I know a CR class will be held at the PTA Convention in June,but the date hasn't been finalized or input into the system yet.

A CR class will be held in Elizabethtown on march 25.

The PGC site is very simple to navigate all you have to do is click on the kind of course you want to take and look for a class. But it's to early in the year for instructors to think about having a class that is most likely why you can't find a class on line.

I do not hold any CR or Furtakers Class until mid September
2012 will be my first year trapping and am always looking for help and info. I see you are from Pike County, is that where you have classes? And what is a Furtakers Class?

Thanks, Paul

We all make choices, some good, some bad, can you live up to yours?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page