Trap Prep - Full Metal Jacket, anyone use it? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2012, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Trap Prep - Full Metal Jacket, anyone use it?

Just wondering if anyone used Full Metal Jacket this year for their k9 traps and what you thought of it?

Heavily considering it for next year and have already received one good recommendation, just wondering what others thought.

"I suppose it is the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2012, 04:22 PM

Re: Trap Prep - Full Metal Jacket, anyone use it?

Can't help with full metal jacket specifically....but I've used formula 1...does a GREAT job on CRs....I did some footholds and wasn't too impressed...it was almost like a "rubber like" coating and peeled off rather easily once the seal was broke....don't know if waxing over it would helped or not....I blew it right off with a pressure washer...

Some guys have great results with the new dips...I just didn't care for how easy it was to take off....dye and wax will wear off too...but not in "sheets" like f1 did...

Like I said though...for cables, its amazing...I use the brown and they melt into most any background....
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2012, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
The Man

I've used Forumula 1 on my water traps and never had any problem with it peeling off. Were your traps rusty when you applied it? Just wondering.

That's good to know for the CR's though at least.

I just like the idea of not having to bother with all the trouble you have to go through with the dyeing and waxing process. If I had the time, it's kind of fun to do, but it never seems like I do so I'd rather just avoid it.

"I suppose it is the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

ive used full meatal this year it so far seems to put a hard finish on the traps, just be sure to get all the rust off the traps before dipping cus if you dont it will seal the rust onto the trap. it doesnt seem to slow the springs down and i dont use snares but i do make tie offs out of the same material and i dipped them to test and it didnt effect them at all so i would imagine it would be good for snares as well

From September to April my world revolves around hunting the rest is preseason.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page