Thanks Trapperspaz - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Trapperspaz

Just wanted to say thanks for the advise. He came along with me and made a few sets his way and showed me what i was doing wrong. Three days later two Reds trapped. Its nice as a new trapper to see all the help you can get from guys on this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 11:35 AM

Re: Thanks Trapperspaz

Thats awesome. I think I know spaz from a different forum and if the same person heck of a nice guy.

Give us some specifics on the little changes that caught you fox?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Well, i started this year using small dirt holes, about 1.5" round and 4" deep with circle maker and urine. I havent caught anything on that. I am now digging dirtholes at least 8" deep and 4" round. moving my trap from 3" from the hole to 5-6". Also was using to much urine and lure. Making a better backer and almost like side walls to "channel the fox to the hole. A foot down both sides of the trap and about 3" high tapering them. And he said to keep my trap slightly lower than the hole kind of like a depression not much at all barely anything. And he doesnt use bait when it get cold just lure and urine. He made up 4 sets for me to watch. I changed two other sets at another spot and put out one hay set. This was monday evening. Nothing was touched until last night. There was a opposium in one trap and a fox in another at one property. The next property had my hay set fired on one side. A fox print right outside the jaw on the other dirthole set. i remade a trap that i couldnt find in the snow until yesterday morning about 20ft from the other dirthole set. There was a nice female in that set. That makes my third fox i have ever caught. As i just started trapping about a month and a half ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 12:11 PM

Thanks for the response. Amazing how a small adjustment is all it takes.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Frequent Contributor

Any chance you could post a pic of one of these sets? I'm doing something similar. I think.... A picture's worth a 1000 words..

It is time to manage avian predators!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Well i have tried to use the image insert on there but i cant seem to get any pics up. Can someone explain. i am not techo savy
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 10:04 PM

Just insert image url from the hosting website. You cant upload straight from your computer. Use photobucket or one similar. Then hit image on your post and paste it in. If you have pop up blocker on the image box wont show up unless you allow it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page