The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Pulled everything today

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Bigbrownie 
#1 ·
Pulled all my traps today. To many family obligations coming up in the next few weeks. Successful year! Wish I could of grabbed a few other furs but oh well. Learned a lot to use for next gear
1 coyote
1 bobcat
1 fisher
3 gray fox
8 coon
1 possum
1 skunk
1 beaver

#4 ·
Nothing wrong with that season. You did well. Set some goals for next season. I felt like pulling my sets today. Had 2 coyotes work a hay set and just uncover my drags and tip toe around both traps. Had a coyote go through and/or knock down a cable restraint somehow. I had a trail set fired and pulled out of the bed. Had a deer that must have been leg caught and got out of another cable. Then a grey fox and a coyote worked a set without getting caught. It's hard to stay positive with all that action and no catches. I'll be pulling a bunch of traps tomorrow in the snow and rain. I have 3 coyotes hides hanging that should be thawed out tomorrow so I'll probably catch some fur and be backed up lol.

#11 ·
Good variety.
I ended my season with the following. I wanted to try my hand in a little water trapping so I set a few conibears.
Just need to get a beaver and weasel and I will have caught everything in my area PA offers. (We don't have otter)
Ended with a 6.9% catch rate for all my checks which is also the best I have ever done.
3 Yotes
5 Reds
6 Greys
3 Skunk
1 Muskrat (1st Ever)
1 Mink (1st ever)
14 opossum
13 coon

#13 ·
Working on putting up fur the next few days. Trying to get coyotes and big beavers done first. as they are the most time consuming. The difference in fleshing a big beaver as opposed to a kit or 2 year old is like night and day. You wouldn’t think they were the same critter.

Fun break is over, time to get back to work.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.