Almost Mink time!! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Almost Mink time!!

Look forward to setting for mink this weekend. Going make it a little tough to access and set some my areas with the high water levels but I'm still stoked!! Anyone else starting there mink line this weekend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 04:59 PM

Although Iíve caught a few, Iíve never set a line dedicated for mink. Around home, unless you hit a lake on a state park, itís hard to string together a decent line. Years ago, it seemed you could set at every bridge and culvert. Today, itís a hassle securing permission and working out safety zone issues.

I know of a few guys who still bridge hop around here...I donít want the troubles that can go with it.

On the bright side, thereís far more mink now than what we had 40-50 years ago.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 04:20 PM
Regular Visitor

Set some today. Kinda once over lightly, setting the easy stuff. More muskrat than mink sets, but many have a chance at mink. Weather is just typical mink season weather, lol, sloppy. But it's nice to be able to see tracks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA skinner View Post
Set some today. Kinda once over lightly, setting the easy stuff. More muskrat than mink sets, but many have a chance at mink. Weather is just typical mink season weather, lol, sloppy. But it's nice to be able to see tracks.
I also got sets out but not as many as I would of liked to. Between water levels and not being able access spots from the mud I was pretty limited. Muskrats by me in NE are few and far between anymore, all my sets are targeting mink. Good luck on the line!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page