Fcusa action alert - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Exclamation Fcusa action alert

FCUSA ACTION ALERT: Emails needed NOW opposing Los Angeles fur ban proposal.

June 18, 2018

As you may know, there is now an effort to ban the sale and manufacturing of fur within the City of Los Angeles. As the second largest city in the US and a global leader in driving culture and trends, it is extremely vital that we as an industry defeat this effort. Here is the motion that two members on the LA City Council have proposed. The Council will go on recess for the month of July, then return and a vote could take place as early as the first week of August. Note that this affects only incorporated parts of Los Angeles (does not include Beverly Hills where there is a similar effort beginning).

We are asking everyone that supports our industry to please email the members of the LA City Council expressing your immense displeasure with the proposed legislation. We respectfully ask you AND EVERYONE YOU KNOW to email them and let them know that this motion is full of inaccuracies, distortions, and downright lies, and if passed will severely affect your family and community. Here is a link to a document we use for talking points, if needed. With the upcoming recess, it is imperative that emails be sent THIS WEEK.

Here is a list of the email addresses of the 15 members of the LA city council. Just copy and paste this block into your email. Thank you.

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Our goal is 3,000 emails sent to each councilman by the end of this week. Please WRITE TODAY and spread the word amongst your friends and colleagues. Let's defeat this bill!

Fur Commission USA
P.O. Box 1532
Medford, OR 97501
Ph: 541-595-8568
Fax: 541-566-7489
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 03:09 PM
Sage

I have to say I have mixed emotions on this request. I am reluctant to attempt to prevent the loss of fur garment jobs in LA by complying with this request and would prefer to see the manufacturers of fur garments and those who buy and sell furs move out of the state and cost Los Angeles tax money from the sales of fur and fur garments. The state of California may as well be a foreign country the way their city fathers are behaving. While I hate to see people working for the fur garment and fur industries lose their jobs, on the other hand I have no problem seeing the idiots running the city lose revenue and I am sure there are many other states that would welcome the fur industry with open arms. Until the voters in California take their state and cities from the hands of liberals this kind of nonsense will continue to occur and until industry packs up and moves out of the state, industry in California will continue to be set upon by the progressives. If the people of California are content to allow their politicians to continue to interfering with their lives and livelihoods, who am I to interfere. Let the entire state crash and burn!

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!

Last edited by Woods walker; 06-18-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page