Slobs in Orange Coats! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Slobs in Orange Coats!

This trap had a possum in it this morning until some slob in an orange coat came along and shot at it at least twice (jaw bent from one bullet impact, hole in frame from second bullet) blowing it’s leg off and freeing it. He then walks along beside it as it crosses the tractor lane, goes down into a creek bed and disappears down a hole at the base of a tree. He doesn’t finish it off, he just watches it limp away.

I have a pretty good idea which truck this guy owns and I have a license plate number. I can only hope I catch this slob in the act…gloves are off buddy…

Unlike most trappers in the state, here in WMU 5C we have to deal with deer hunters until the end of January. There just seems to be an abnormally large percentage of careless, clueless slobs among that group.

Eh...wot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 04:08 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Slobs in Orange Coats!

That's the problem with some hunters, I try and respect them but they very ever seem to do the same. I have had more problems during rifle season that any other. I though it was flintlock now for deer. Most of the time when they take your fur and trap trap ends up siting in garage and fur thrown away, how would they like when they shoot there deer someone go running up take it and then end up not doing a darn thing with it. To bad your trapping partner is mean and get on his trail and bite him in the arse.

That being said from the post that I have seen from you congrats on the season you have been having. Don't get too frustrated over idiots.

Joe~~
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperspaz
I have had more problems during rifle season that any other. I though it was flintlock now for deer.
It is flintlock throughout the state but here in 5C we have an extended rifle season for doe until the end if January

Quote:
To bad your trapping partner is mean and get on his trail and bite him in the arse.
I'll assume you mean Shadow and not my daughter lol! Although she gets pretty mean when slobs mess with our traps!

Quote:
That being said from the post that I have seen from you congrats on the season you have been having. Don't get too frustrated over idiots. Joe~~
Thank you and we won't. They are not all idiots. We stopped and talked to a guy and his daughter who were returning to their truck from deer hunting. They were great folks and I congratulated him for having his young daughter out with him.

Gotta take the good with the bad...

Eh...wot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 04:31 PM

Driving from spot to spot last night while coyote hunting we were just talking about the guy I caught red handed while rabbit hunting a few years back shooting a red with shotgun out of my trap, took the fox the trap and stake. I stayed back and called 911 for PGC response, they actually got there faster than the poice could have. they caught the guy he denied the whole thing and when we told him that we watched him steal the fox he said it was his, fast work by a nice deputy looked at the tag on the trap and guess what? it was MY name.

he lost his licence for a few years I guess and paid a fine. never got my trap back though but it was worth it. my rabbit hunting buddy and I both agreed this was probably the best thing we could have done and avoided the confrontation. what comes around goes around for that guy.

It may be a poor choice of words but I am smart enough to understand what you meant.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 04:48 PM
Frequent Contributor

Every time I read a post pitting one group against another, I know somewhere there is a anti –gun or PETA person smiling. I have Hunted and trapped for 50 years. I gave up trapping two years ago. I don’t get up and down the hill well anymore. But I have had traps and Fur stolen by both Hunters and other Trappers, one thing we need to remember
It dose not matter if you are a Hunter, Trapper, or Bow hunter, that 2% of the population that cause 90% of the problems in society are among are ranks. And a scumbag is a scumbag no matter what he wants to call him self. Hunter, Trapper, or Bow Hunter. As with most things in life, we tend to remember the crap pulled on use, and not all the great people we have met a field over the years. Just something to think about.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 04:52 PM

I agree with you Hornady, its like putting candy in front of a kid, some people just think they can get away with everything, in my case, I was at the right place at the right time.

It may be a poor choice of words but I am smart enough to understand what you meant.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Frequent Contributor

I agree 100% Hornaday, I know that it is a small amount but all I was basically saying was that the times this has happened to me was during rifle season, now I just pull until after. There are mountains of good fellows in those woods.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 05:16 PM

I'm having a problem with hunters as well. I trap private property and have permission to trap. I had someone pull a opossum out of one of my traps and set a wad of snuff on my pan. I hunt as well as trap but there is this thing called respect. how do you catch a person like that?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 06:05 PM
Regular Visitor

I had a problem with someone springing my hay sets earlier this week, I pulled them this morning. It was only a matter of time before they found my quick links.

I second Hornadys' point of view.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Frequent Contributor

make an obvious set with a broken/junk trap and well conceal a trail cam to catch them in the act.

B J game calls... specializing in custom closed and open reed predator calls

"Hit em again!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page