FHA sale results - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Huntingdon Pa.
Posts: 1,582
Back To Top
Forestman3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 09:50 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
trapperrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somerset County, PA
Posts: 4,155
Back To Top
Re: FHA sale results

Ouch!

Eastern Red Fox looked OK even though only 58% of them sold.

Unless you're trapping wolverine, it looks pretty rough.

The horizon is your starting point.
trapperrick is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 11:29 PM
Part of the Community
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Foxbelt, Pa
Posts: 209
Back To Top
Re: FHA sale results

Yep! All those Reds that been selling for $5 and $8 at the district sales should turn a profit if they can get em turned around in time.
Berky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 11:51 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: York Co PA
Posts: 1,030
Back To Top
Re: FHA sale results

I'm pretty sure PA fox don't go as easterns at FHA
charman03 is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 12:00 AM
Part of the Community
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Foxbelt, Pa
Posts: 209
Back To Top
Re: FHA sale results

The way the grading has been going, who knows what goes where..
Berky is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 10:45 AM
Frequent Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: District 8
Posts: 928
Back To Top
Re: FHA sale results

Quote:
Originally Posted by charman03
I'm pretty sure PA fox don't go as easterns at FHA

I was thinking the same.
smith101 is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 11:32 AM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 2,484
Back To Top
Re: FHA sale results

PA fox usually grade Centrals from what I understand. So FHA didn't sell ANY.

Hopefully the NAFA sale will shed some light where the fox market is.

There have been rumors of certain buyers paying $20-$25 for red fox. I do not believe the market is there. I hope I am wrong because I have fox to sell but I believe the market is much closer to a $10 average than a $20.

I could buy a fur buyers license and set up shop and buy some coon at $100 a piece. That sure doesn't mean there is a hundred dollar coon market.
CoonDuke is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 09:55 PM
Frequent Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: District 8
Posts: 928
Back To Top
Re: FHA sale results

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoonDuke
There have been rumors of certain buyers paying $20-$25 for red fox. I do not believe the market is there. I hope I am wrong because I have fox to sell but I believe the market is much closer to a $10 average than a $20.

X2 on the average...

As far as the rumors, I believe it's a buyer just flexing and or provoking to give those glory figures...... Of course I must say, if a buyer that foolish would give me a $20 avg. when every other buyer is half that, I would take the fools money too....
smith101 is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 12:46 AM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 2,484
Back To Top
Re: FHA sale results

Agreed. Maybe some know something others do not. I sure hope so.
CoonDuke is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 03:05 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: East, Pennsyltucky
Posts: 259
Back To Top
Re: FHA sale results

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoonDuke
PA fox usually grade Centrals from what I understand. So FHA didn't sell ANY.

Hopefully the NAFA sale will shed some light where the fox market is.

There have been rumors of certain buyers paying $20-$25 for red fox. I do not believe the market is there. I hope I am wrong because I have fox to sell but I believe the market is much closer to a $10 average than a $20.

I could buy a fur buyers license and set up shop and buy some coon at $100 a piece. That sure doesn't mean there is a hundred dollar coon market.
What did I miss??? The red fox grades shown were eastern/northern/western- which one is central?
Beaglador Rtrvr is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome