The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

District 5 Fur Sale

5K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  furman 
#1 ·
Anybody know what day it is being held and who's goin? Looking forward to shootin the bull with some you guys!

#20 ·
<span style="color: #660000"><span style="font-weight: bold">I was shocked, I have been at that sale till late Sunday nite...</span></span>
oksus, other district sales had low numbers of sellers with smaller lots, this season. Some buyers went out of business this season or didn't renew their license due to an unsettled fur market, not risking their $cash$.
I attended a district sale this year and they were finished selling/buying, floor swept & tables cleaned by noon-noon:30.
I feel alot of folks didn't trap or didn't trap too long this season. Probably more of the same next season, with predicted low fur prices. More local fur buyers will close their doors for good.

#26 ·
If you read wildthing's post, he said 75% was poorly put up or early fur. I have to admit, it takes practice to put up fur but going out to trap as soon as the season opens and catch un-prime fur is really shouldn't be done. Every year on this site I see people setting as soon as the season starts. I could see north of I-80, they possibly are prime, outside of that I would suggest mid November as a starting time.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.