Looking for Help! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Looking for Help!

Are their anyother trappers in the Pa Furnace area that would be willing to walk my line with me and tell me what i'm doing wrong. i have one guy that said he would but he is hard to get a hold of sometimes. i've been at this for about 5 years now this year is the worst i've had yet. fox and yote sine everywear and only one yote to show for it. it's like they walk on by. try to set the traps the get in and out way, wear gloves, boil and wax the traps. man i've tryed all kinds of lure and bait tryed everything people have told me what i've read in books and mags. i think it's time to have a walk along and see what i'm doing wrong.if anyone is willing to walk along i would be greatful.

i belive i'll go Trapping!
4-Grinners
1-Skunk
1- Gray Fox
1- Coyote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 05:36 PM

Re: Looking for Help!

I hear ya brother.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

buddy it's been a hard year i have no clue what i'm doing wrong. and i've been doing this 5 years granted they wern't that great eather dut atleats i cought some fox and coon but only 1 yote 4 grinners and a skunk and i've had steel in the ground since the first day of season. it's frushtrating.

4-Grinners
1-Skunk
1- Gray Fox
1- Coyote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 06:02 PM

I hoping that cable season is better. I definately know their travel routes, just can't get them to work my leg holds. I commend those long time trappers. getting started is the most difficult thing to do.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

It sure is .I'm going to be putting out cables to my first year doing it I hope it works for me too. Have plenty of places to trap just not catching anything.

4-Grinners
1-Skunk
1- Gray Fox
1- Coyote
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Where is PA Furnace?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 07:56 PM
dep
Regular Visitor

Things really slowed down for me also. I just keep telling myself that it's only a matter of time before it picks back up. Good luck keep me informed.

catching critters is catching on
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 08:39 PM

Tracks give it time. I personally know how discouraged Dep is. Patience

A government that doesn't trust it's law abidding citizens to bear arms is unworthy of trust itself.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

I'm between state college and huntingdon county. And thanks I hope it does pick up

4-Grinners
1-Skunk
1- Gray Fox
1- Coyote
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracks445
Are their anyother trappers in the Pa Furnace area that would be willing to walk my line with me and tell me what i'm doing wrong. i have one guy that said he would but he is hard to get a hold of sometimes. i've been at this for about 5 years now this year is the worst i've had yet. fox and yote sine everywear and only one yote to show for it. it's like they walk on by. try to set the traps the get in and out way, wear gloves, boil and wax the traps. man i've tryed all kinds of lure and bait tryed everything people have told me what i've read in books and mags. i think it's time to have a walk along and see what i'm doing wrong.if anyone is willing to walk along i would be greatful.
Where is PA Furnace?

Close to Harrisburg?

See Edit..

Start Thinking back to what you did to connect with that 1 Coyote!
Think what you did right, then if you come up with what you done right, go back and do it all over again!

Do you have your CR Certificate?

If so, find ever trail you can next week and set the heck out of them!

I know that will not help you fix what the problem is your facing, but it will help you get rid of that Frustration bug on your Shoulder!

Have you tried the Odd Ball baits?
Grape Jelly?
Peanut Butter?
Beaver Castor?
Mink Gland Lure?

What Lures and Baits have you been using? That may help all of us out to suggest something to you to try to help you connect again!

Think outside the Box...somethings you have not tried and never thought to try because they are used for other critters your not targeting, may just work for you!

I had a Frustrating season 4 years ago...I posted about it in here....1 guy sent me a PM and told me to go get some Beaver Castor from Johnson's and mix with just some water to make a paste...It Worked...I NEVER Would have thought to use Beaver Castor for I always felt Beaver Castor was for nothing other then Beavers!

I NEVER Would have thought Grape Jelly would Cathc Fox, but it Has, it isn't a Go to Bait for me, but I throw it out there sometimes when I get Frustrated, same as the Beaver Castor and also Mink Glan Lure!

I know very Old Canned Bacon Bits mixed with Chocolate Syrup is a Very Good Feral Cat Bait!

Try something odd that no one else has used in the area...think of what all others are saying they are using in the area and think of something odd that you never would think a coyote would go for, try it in a set, find another thing and try it at a set...do a few different sets, Each with Different Odd things as Bait!

There is not a book Written that Says
"You MUST ONLY Use Coyote Lures and Baits and Fox Lures and Baits to Catch Coyotes and Fox"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page