Got some sets in today - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Got some sets in today

Got 4 fisher sets in today I know it's not alot but I like good quality sets that will connect. I seen tracks in this area 2 weeks ago and found tracks today that I couldn't make out in the fluffy snow. Followed the tracks some and well they ran on top of logs hoping it's that same fisher. Funny thing is I found a trail that was loading with these tracks and they broke off 3 seperate times and did the same thing. Well I knew where there was a gut pile and checked it out and man is it getting worked hard. pretty sure I found bobcat tracks the majority of them where not huge and I found some decent size one's from what I know of bobcat tracks. Plan on setting up the trails leading to the gut pile tommorow. How far do you guys and gals stay away from gut piles? I ploan on staying at least 15 yrds away on the trail leading to it. No bird prints in the snow at all around it to I checked.

2/2 Warlords Fox Co 3rd Plt Follow me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 09:30 PM
The Man

Re: Got some sets in today

I set 3 pure fisher sets today, 3 cubbie sets for cats and fisher, and a few coyote/cat sets.........I saw a fisher in this area the last few weeks, and there are tracks everywhere, I want to be optimistic, but I dont want to be disappointed either.....haha

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 10:42 PM

Figures... cleaned up and waxed traps in preparation for setting hard today, everything ready... major headache and neck ache. Didn't move off the couch all day. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Rather be checking tomorrow than setting, but that's life!

Please support Hunt of A Lifetime! www.huntofalifetime.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I have 8 fisher set, cubby sets in a area of 5 miles. I try to get a couple of more sets out before the Steelers game. I found a couple of good fox areas. Nothing in my fishers set today.

TRAP TORCH
Life Member PA Trappers

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 01:28 PM
The Man

No dice in the fisher sets this AM one flipped trap with stolen bait is all I had.......Im thinking whatever went in the cubby caught it with its foot and flipped it because it was bedded solid.....

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Frequent Contributor

Nothing going on in either my fisher sets or hay sets, been really cold here.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Frequent Contributor

I have three fishers sets out. I was supposed to go north this weekend, but when plans changed, I decided to try an area that had the right habitat in one of the "not well established" sections of the legal area. Yesterday, I found two different sets of fisher tracks about a 1/2 mile apart. Looks like a male ranging and a female staying closer to home base. I set three of my fabbed leaning pole sets with footholds, but nothing going today. Found a bunch of fox tracks in the area yesterday, so put in a few hay sets today and a couple mink sets. It got wicked cold last night and nothing moved as there wer no fesh tracks to speak of of any kind. Hopefuly the fishers comes back through before the season goes out.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Let's keep up with updates on the catch and nothing or miss on the fishers.

TRAP TORCH
Life Member PA Trappers

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 05:18 PM

Had a fisher come right past one of my sets today.. must not have smelled the muskrat carcas due to it freezing completly solid last night. Hopefully i'll have a nice suprise tommrrow morning.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 07:00 PM
New Arrival

I had a fisher maybe two run thru my yard, between my house and garage, the night before last, put two sets in and nothing this morning.

Corpsman up, 692 Navy Corpsman on the wall, 1104 Army Medics.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page