3 xl for 12
1 xxl for 6
1 xxxl for 8

coons weren't put up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 01:00 AM

Re: Sold some Coons

For not being put up, thats pretty good.. I tried to avoid catching them this year because of the market.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Part of the Community

Where/Who did you sell your coons too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Send a message via AIM to blackmagic33

Dissinger in Pine Grove
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Regular Visitor

Wow, that's a shame.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 11:43 AM

Fur prices aren't good at all. However here is a tip. Fur is a commodity. You don't need to watch the stock market or higher a broker but you can get the most $$ for your fur with alittle time. Here, Just watch gas prices ( commodity) when gas prices start to rise so will fur prices.................understand ??
Now gas has gone up since the beginning of of trapping season here in PA. So has the fur price. If you would have sold those coon back at the start of the trapping season you would have gotten alot less $$

A government that doesn't trust it's law abidding citizens to bear arms is unworthy of trust itself.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleT
Fur prices aren't good at all. However here is a tip. Fur is a commodity. You don't need to watch the stock market or higher a broker but you can get the most $$ for your fur with alittle time. Here, Just watch gas prices ( commodity) when gas prices start to rise so will fur prices.................understand ??
Now gas has gone up since the beginning of of trapping season here in PA. So has the fur price. If you would have sold those coon back at the start of the trapping season you would have gotten alot less $$
How high does gas have to go up for coons to be worth $20?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 09:52 PM

lol last time coon were worth 20+$ was when gas was less than. 2$ a gallon, probably around 1$ a gallon..I wasn't driving so I don't know the exact price of gas but I think it was around a buck a gallon....

Fur is a luxery...when prices of nessessities go up, gas, food, etc, people buy less luxery items...demand goes down and supply stays the same or goes up, price drops...why pay big money for something noone is buying???

Best thing to do would be to stop supplying the fur....they could raise fur on the ranches...but, wild fur will still be in demand...only one place to get it...the trappers and hunters....

Just like anything...if noone bought it for a while and the supply went up, and the demand dropped, prices would drop....

But, gas goes up, less guys can afford to hunt and trap and the supply may drop which will raise prices....but, with the economy and guys being laid off and unemployed, some hunt and trap even harder...to feed the family, make extra cash, and for something to do till work comes.....in that case, price won't rise and may even drop..never know....its all based around supply and demand....I think the demand for fur is down due to the economy....hard to afford a fur coat etc when its hard enough to pay the bills and never know if/when your job will get cut...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 04:14 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauser06
I think the demand for fur is down due to the economy....hard to afford a fur coat etc when its hard enough to pay the bills and never know if/when your job will get cut...
Since when is the U.S. buying our furs. Most of it goes over-seas to China
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 06:20 AM

The economy over seas is bad too last time I checked...but that's been a while...

Our economy does bad, so does the countries like China etc that we do a ton of business with...

Till things turn around, I think the price of fur will stay down..just my thoughts...

I'm not getting into trapping for the money that's for sure...I highly doubt I pay for my supplies this year...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page