Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 12:02 AM
New Arrival

Re: collapsible cubbies

I got some you can try if you want
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Think they will work? can make one out of sticks and pine boughs. Just thought might be easier and quicker with the collapsible. Might take you up on that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

pm sent Steve.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 01:48 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

A big flashy dirthole or trash pile set will take every bobcat that a cubby will take.

Unless you are purposefully trying to discourage red fox and coyotes to your sets, I wouldn't waste any time building cubbys.

ProSqueezing Pro Staff
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

know about dirt holes. how do I go about making them flashy and how do you make a trash pile set? Thanks
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 05:52 PM

Trash Piles are just That, Trash.....Most Farms have a Good Dump on them from years and years of dumping tin cans, old glass jars and bottles and other metal and wood trash. GREAT Places for just about Every Trappable Critter! Trash Piles hold Food to critters, Mice, Rats, Voles, Moles, Rabbits, ect. and the Critters KNOW they will get something to eat out of Trash Piles!

Flashy Dirt Holes to me and how I do them is, rip up a big area where you plan to make your dirt hole, bed trap like you normally would, make a hole so many inches from the trap and place bait and lure, then rip up the area around it in about a 6 foot Circle and make it stick out like a Sore Thumb! You can also use old Bones, Skulls and limbs to make it stick out more!

I've only ever used it for Fox and Coons, but I Bet a Fire Pit Set would work for Bobcats!

Just build a ring of stones in a Circle, build a fire in the middle and let it burn for awhile, when it is out, bed 4 traps at different spots around it and shoot just a little fox pee on a rock here and there!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 11:03 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

A trash pile set to me is just piling up a bunch of debris in an area where it will really stand out and draw attention to it. They could be there naturally though. I caught a bobcat on a big pile of brush in the middle of a field that was obviously going to be a bonfire one day. It just happened to be in an area that held cats too, so I set it.

A flashy dirthole is just one that again stands out from the surrounding area. Mound up lots of fresh dirt or scatter it around the area. With cats it's all about eye appeal as they are not afraid to investigate something out of the ordinary. Curiosity kills the cats.

ProSqueezing Pro Staff
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 11:05 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodywoodduck
You can also use old Bones, Skulls and limbs to make it stick out more!
Not in this State you can't.

Bones, skulls, hair, and feathers are illegal to use in this State when they are visible from above. DO NOT scatter them around your set or use them for an attractor.

ProSqueezing Pro Staff
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairchild #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodywoodduck
You can also use old Bones, Skulls and limbs to make it stick out more!
Not in this State you can't.

Bones, skulls, hair, and feathers are illegal to use in this State when they are visible from above. DO NOT scatter them around your set or use them for an attractor.
WHEN Did this come about and WHY is it not listed in the Comic Book?

I and I know of MANY Others who have been using Cattle Skulls & Bones, Jaw Bones, Pig Skulls and Bones all of which are laying near where we make our sets on the Farms we trap for MANY MANY YEARS!

Whats Next?? Old CDs as Attractants not being able to be used?

If we are Not allowed to use Bones and Skulls at a Dirt Hole set as an Attractant, they NEED to Spell those out along with Feathers!!

So, you are going to tell me that If I find a Turkey Kill, Feathers spread all over the field and I take advantage of it by placing either a Dirt Hole set or Scent Post set there at the feathers, even know I did Not put them there, I'd be illegal?

Not many things I disagree with on the Hunting and Trapping Laws, but Seeing you are saying we can not use Skulls or Bones and Feathers, They should SPELL IT ALL OUT!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page