Another Newbie Question - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Another Newbie Question

If I catch a coyote with my "one" trap and I then set this Trap for Bobcat, Is there anything I need to do to the Trap as far as the coyote scent? Once again, this is probably stupid question. Once again, newbie Trapper here. Thanks for putting up with all my questions!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 09:32 PM
The Man

Re: Another Newbie Question

Set it back in the same "coyoted up" spot.

Living the life one day at a time.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 10:22 PM
Frequent Contributor

Am I the only one that's wondering whats up with a guy that owns 1 trap but ask a 1000 questions?
Makes no sense....

Charter member of the Bill Morgan fan club.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale87
Am I the only one that's wondering whats up with a guy that owns 1 trap but ask a 1000 questions?
Makes no sense....
Sorry. Guess u were a fricken expert on everything. Now u got me acting like the person I AM NOT!! GLAD U DIDN'T NEED ANYONE TO TEACH U HOW TO SHOOT A RIFLE, TO TRACK AN ANIMAL, HOW TO IDENTIFY A TRACK. The only person I know that fits that bill is The LORD. By the words u used on your response, u are far from that!!!! believe the MODS need to look into ur response. This section is for people to ask questions about trapping. Don't like it, find another forum that would put up with ur ignorance. To everyone else, I'm a really nice person.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterknapp16
Hunterknapp16, sorry about my previous comment to the other guy. I served this Country for 20 years. I appreciate your answer. One trap for now to see if I get into trapping. Once again, I apologize for my previous comments to everyone on this forum, except for who they were meant for.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 11:02 PM
Part of the Community

Sending you a PM. I wouldn't be to worry about scent control if specifically want a cat. They're not too picky. A lot of cats are caught in exposed traps with no covering which would held keep canines out .
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 11:02 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat1
Quote:
Hunterknapp16, sorry about my previous comment to the other guy. I served this Country for 20 years. I appreciate your answer. One trap for now to see if I get into trapping. Once again, I apologize for my previous comments to everyone on this forum, except for who they were meant for.
i don't think any ill intent was meant by the comment .... Seems you are the one getting your panties in s bunch !! The hale boys can trap . Just that over the years some trolls come on here asking a bunch of questions that make no sense , then good answers are given but not used !!!! Take it for what uts worth
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietsch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat1
Quote:
i don't think any ill intent was meant by the comment .... Seems you are the one getting your panties in s bunch !! The hale boys can trap . Just that over the years some trolls come on here asking a bunch of questions that make no sense , then good answers are given but not used !!!! Take it for what uts worth
Trust me, have better things to do than troll. I am also on Texas hunting forum with over 1000 posts. I seriously want to do this right.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPAtrapper
Sending you a PM. I wouldn't be to worry about scent control if specifically want a cat. They're not too picky. A lot of cats are caught in exposed traps with no covering which would held keep canines out .
pm sent Thanks!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 11:32 PM
Frequent Contributor

Lighten up, your response tells a good bit by it's self. Here's the only reason I've become suspicious of some of your post. QUIT TELLING EVERYONE YOU ONLY HAVE ONE TRAP!!!! Why anyone would repeatedly say that is beyond me? My son and I have a gut load but unless someone ask me I don't say anything about it. (who cares how many you have)

How would anyone think they could learn anything by setting one trap? I run around a 100 myself and trust me there's a large part of this K9 trapping thing I don't know. Constantly mentioning that you only have one trap, makes me question your motives. What kind of traps do you want? I've got everything from a bear trap to a mouse trap. I'll pay the shipping both ways so you can use them a while so you can decide whether or not you're gonna like it long term. If you set 10 traps you just cut 10 years off your learning curve....

Charter member of the Bill Morgan fan club.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page