fishers - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

fishers

Its early but i got a couply buddies that run trail cameras yr round that got a couple Picts of fishers 3 small assuming females but 1 Biggin. The question is u think there going to b there in 4 months? The dates and times of Picts r spuratic no real pattern.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 02:20 PM

Re: fishers

I have caught fishers in the same woods for the past few years now. Seems like they will stay in a few mile radius. What I'm still getting used to is the fact that they roam so much different than a raccoon or any water based critter. They are just so unpredictable on where they will be next. If you plan on setting traps once the season rolls around just be sure to set a lot of traps in your target area. Also I have gotten more cash for the females I have caught than the big males.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 02:47 PM

Fishers are known to run a circuit and roam a fee days or weeks till the come back through...

They've also been known to find a dead deer and practically live on it till its gone...

Like was said...for those and other reasons if you wanna catch a Fisher in the season the best bet is lay a lot of steel and spread your line out...loud skunky call lure and a flashy set usually works well from what I read...but they'll tear up the prettiest coyote set you can make...not real picky lol...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Thank u for advise I was after the same one for 2 seasons he had a big loop he ran. I could only set half his loop the other half was a lease I didn't have access to trap. I want one for the wall but a female would b nice to just didn't want to get 2 mounted. That big one weighed in at 16.2 lbs the guy that got him was nice enough to send Me a Pict of it on a bathroom scale.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page