CRUSHING - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

CRUSHING

What is this "CRUSHING" That Senator Pat Toomey is talking about?

Is it the Kneeling on an animal chest to dispatch it after doing a nose tap?

Seems he is pushing for law to do away with "CRUSHING" an animal!

What the heck is it?

He says in an email.....<span style="font-weight: bold">Working To Prevent Animal Abuse
On Tuesday afternoon, I had the opportunity to deliver a speech on Capitol Hill about my bipartisan legislation to protect animals from abuse at an event hosted by the Humane Society of the United States and the National Sheriff's Association. My bill, the PACT Act, w<span style="text-decoration: underline">ould outlaw a heinous form of animal abuse known as <span style="font-style: italic">"crushing,"</span></span> where deranged individuals maim and torture animals. If enacted, this bipartisan bill would establish the first ever federal law to grant all animals federal protections against cruelty and abuse.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">There is absolutely no place for the <span style="font-style: italic">crushing</span> of animals in our society.</span> It is blatantly inhumane and astonishingly cruel. It's hard to believe such brutality isn't already against the law, and I will continue to work with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to end this abhorrent practice.</span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 12:25 AM
Sage

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: CRUSHING

Exceptions "trapping, hunting" et al. Surely there are already laws on the books of the states and federal govt to take care of the cruelty issues. The exceptions have a way of disappearing.

All I Can Tell You Is What I Told You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I seen aniamls dispatched quicker with crushing then a 22 short to the head a lot of times
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Toomey is desperate for attention and he and will say and do anything to gin up support since he lost the conservative vote when he co-sponsored a gun-control bill.

I used to support him, I don't even know who he is anymore, a real disappointment.

Eh...wot?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnut
Toomey is desperate for attention and he and will say and do anything to gin up support since he lost the conservative vote when he co-sponsored a gun-control bill.

I used to support him, I don't even know who he is anymore, a real disappointment.
I have a Few different ones that email me almost every day.....Toomey is 1 of them....I Feel he is a Nitwit!!
Nice to get emails from the ones you support and do Not support, just to see who is thinking what and wanting to do what!!

Sorta like that saying "Keep your Friends Close and your enemies CLOSER" !
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

He needs replaced and unfortunately,it'll probably be by a Dem as the GOP is unlikely to sponsor replacing a sitting Senator......shame that ........we'll end up with two Dems in the Senate repping PA.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 09:23 PM
The Man

wth is animal crushing? they never define it in the bill.

Now your diggin' where the 'tators are!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 01:01 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

It's just a made up term used to create another useless piece of feel-good, do-nothing legislation.

Now Toomey can try to attract the bunny-hugger vote by touting the "fact" that he made a horrible act of animal cruelty illegal.

As I said above, I used to like Toomey and what I thought he stood for. Anymore, he's just another two-faced rat [email protected] of a politician who will say and/or do anything to gain elected office and stay there. He threw his conservative constituents under the bus and now realizes that they (including me) will likely returned the favor by ignoring him at the polls next year when he's up for re-election.

Eh...wot?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 11:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat
wth is animal crushing? they never define it in the bill.
See Page 4 in the link to the bill f. Definitions...first one is crushing

wmu 3A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page