If I don't have a concealed carry license.... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

If I don't have a concealed carry license....

And I don't want to get one....

Can I keep an unloaded rifle in my truck while trapping, then load it when I need to dispatch an animal? Just like hunting, right?

Can I do the same with a22 revolver?

I know to keep the ammo separate and all... Just curious

There are enough animals in the woods and birds in the air for all of us...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: If I don't have a concealed carry license....

Yes and Yes.

Concealed permit has nothing to do with rifles anyways. Best to keep your guns in at least a soft case with the ammo seperate.
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 03:34 PM
The Man

i dont know why anyone who can get a cc permit wouldnt want to. it makes like so much easier.

Now your diggin' where the 'tators are!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 03:52 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat
i dont know why anyone who can get a cc permit wouldnt want to. it makes like so much easier.
What he said^^^^
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 04:46 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

^X3

My trapping revolver stays loaded in my holster under my seat the whole season. If I need it for whatever I just grab it and roll. No worries about loading/unloading/cases or other tiny time consumers.
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 05:55 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroads
^X3

My trapping revolver stays loaded in my holster under my seat the whole season. If I need it for whatever I just grab it and roll. No worries about loading/unloading/cases or other tiny time consumers.
Hummmmmm ....... I'm not too sure that's legal.

If you have the hunting/trapping permit issued by your county treasurer you can not carry a loaded revolver in your vehicle. You got to load and unload as you come and go.

Now if you have the concealed carry permit and that permit only, you can not use that permit to hunt and dispatch. The concealed carry permit is issued only by county sheriffs and has absolutely nothing to do with outdoor sports.

If you want to dispatch using a revolver you carry on a concealed carry permit, before doing so you better make a quick stop at the county treasurers' office first.

FYI: I have both permits, a concealed carry permit to protect my old worthless bag of bones and a sportsman's permit issued by my county treasurer in case I run across an unruly coon that stepped into one of my mink sets and refuses to be let go.

Regardless what type of permit you have, a semi-automatic weapon, specifically a pistol in this case, may not be used for dispatch. Revolvers and single shots only.

Good luck.

I trap mink because I don't know any better
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 06:16 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Are you positive about that old mink? I only have my cc permit and I always thought that trumped the sportsmans permit and covered me for a dispatch weapon. I don't understand why you would need both?
I keep a loaded 9mm in the center console and my 22 revolver loaded in my door at all times. Just grab the 22, strap it to my belt and go during the trapping season. Never thought anything of it being illegal and don't know why it would be?

ProSqueezing Pro Staff
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 07:08 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I believe the CC permit covers hunting. I have been told in the past that with a Sportsmans permit you cannot conceal the gun it must be dispayed.The gun must be unloaded when in your car. And the only leagal way to transport a loaded handgun is with a CC and on you not under the seat or anywhere else in the vehicle.

Hunt with your kids not for them.
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 07:21 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMAC
I believe the CC permit covers hunting. I have been told in the past that with a Sportsmans permit you cannot conceal the gun it must be dispayed.The gun must be unloaded when in your car. And the only leagal way to transport a loaded handgun is on you not under the seat or anywhere else in the vehicle.
With a cc permit, it includes in the vehicle as well as on your person.
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 07:36 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroads
^X3

Hummmmmm ....... I'm not too sure that's legal.

If you have the hunting/trapping permit issued by your county treasurer you can not carry a loaded revolver in your vehicle. You got to load and unload as you come and go.

Now if you have the concealed carry permit and that permit only, you can not use that permit to hunt and dispatch. The concealed carry permit is issued only by county sheriffs and has absolutely nothing to do with outdoor sports.

If you want to dispatch using a revolver you carry on a concealed carry permit, before doing so you better make a quick stop at the county treasurers' office first.

FYI: I have both permits, a concealed carry permit to protect my old worthless bag of bones and a sportsman's permit issued by my county treasurer in case I run across an unruly coon that stepped into one of my mink sets and refuses to be let go.

Regardless what type of permit you have, a semi-automatic weapon, specifically a pistol in this case, may not be used for dispatch. Revolvers and single shots only.

Good luck.
really ,another case of speculation .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page