Orange army brought out the best..... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 154Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Orange army brought out the best.....

After the hunt on Saturday all my thoughts about what the majority of the orange army brings stayed the same. My neighbor found a nice 8 point with a bullet hole in it's neck dead on his property. Some jack wagon shot it in the fields but it didn't drop so he never looked for it (surprise, surprise)! I was hunting with my buddy and we got it done in the AM so I didn't hunt with anyone in the afternoon. On my way back I couldn't believe the amount of pumpkins I saw either sitting in a truck watching over a wide open field, guys driving around everywhere (road hunting), people standing randomly in the middle of cow pastures, people walking around with 30 minutes left of light in a wide open field or along the road.

I don't know why this amazes me as it happens every rifle season. People need to be educated on how to hunt and stop treating it as some type of game of lets see if I can hit that deer at 500 yards running or lets smoke some cigs and get drunk and rip some shots at those brown furry creatures who cares if it's legal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 10:54 AM

Legal issues aside, if a person wants to stand randomly in a cow pasture or walk around with 30 minutes of light left who are you to tell them how to have fun?
bohunr, drags, Dogface and 12 others like this.

ďAw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.Ē

ďJust because I donít care doesnít mean I donít understand.Ē
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

They can do as they please. I just find it FUN to watch.
bohunr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:04 AM

oh boy, this shouldn’t last long.

Previously JJ5C
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:17 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I often stand in open field waiting for friends to come out of woods. I walk through open fields on the way back to the house. Easier than cutting through woods or brier fields. I pass on sky lined bucks (2 so far) to dangerous to shoot. I spend a lot time helping buddies following up on on what they thought were good shots - never over 100 yard shots. Guys I hunt with don't take running shots or road hunt. They never drink or smoke when hunting. You must be hunting in a bad neighborhood.

Glad you, "got it done".
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:22 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I don't know why it bothers people that a majority of hunters bumble around and don't know how to hunt (even though they have been doing it for 30 yrs) That is why I get a buck every yr and the get a buck every 15 yrs. I don't need more competition lol. I hunt and scout yr around and consider the first half day of rifle and antler less a minor aggravation.
bohunr, Pollock21 and NECK SHOT like this.

Last edited by LONZO; 12-03-2019 at 11:29 AM.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:34 AM
Banned

I will say some things I see some hunters doing makes me scratch my head. Itís not just the orange army.
I had a guy accuse me and my family of road hunting. I told him if you see any of us out on the road and itís deer season. Itís because we are out of tags!

I took a ride yesterday to look and see who was out, what was hanging at camps. Stopped at a couple camps. Not everyone who is driving down the road is road hunting. Kind of hard to assess what the other hunters are doing just driving by.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:37 AM

Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
Don't feed the elitist, self righteous, misguided, egomaniac, insufferable troll.

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONZO View Post
I don't know why it bothers people that a majority of hunters bumble around and don't know how to hunt (even though they have been doing it for 30 yrs) That is why I get a buck every yr and the get a buck every 15 yrs. I don't need more competition lol. I hunt and scout yr around and consider the first half day of rifle and antler less a minor aggravation.
Exactly!
bohunr and LONZO like this.
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckskin Dave View Post
Don't feed the elitist, self righteous, misguided, egomaniac, insufferable troll.
Care to elaborate? Quite and accusation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page