The Reality of Opening Day of Rifle Buck - Page 15 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 406Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead125 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGLE BOY View Post
So what is the insinuation of the last series of posts? That archery hunters don’t have “camaraderie” with each other and are a bunch of loners that don’t spend time with their friends and family while hunting?
Trask you are being such a buzz kill. Yes you can still have camaraderie in archery season but it’s not quite the same as rifle season. Don’t really care to get in to all the reasons why I feel this way right now.
Fine, but in the end it’s the way YOU feel about it. There are those that feel that it’s sacrilege to criticize anything about rifle season, while at the same time taking underhanded shots at archery hunters by insinuating that archery hunters don’t have the camaraderie and fellowship that rifle hunters do. They portray archery hunters as young, selfish loaner punks who think they are better than everyone else and don’t understand or respect the sacred tradition of PA rifle season. They are all “duped” by “gimmicks” and led to believe that if they plant a food plot and hand a stand over it that they’ll shoot a Booner. They don’t “hunt the right way”, the “traditional” way. All they care about is what a buck scores and showing it off to everyone while looking down their noses from their ivory towers, telling everyone how much better hunters they are. They don’t appreciate that deer hunting in PA is all about big woods camp life, lever action rifles, and fluorescent orange.

That is what this thread has turned into, all because the OP made a JOKE about failed archers watching a rifle hunter shoot the buck they’ve been after. Some seem to feel that they have the RIGHT to criticize archery hunters, their gear, their tactics, their season, etc but don’t you DARE say a discouraging word about rifle season because THEY are the true PA hunters, carrying on the traditions that archery hunters want or destroy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 07:08 AM
Frequent Contributor

I’m a hunter. I utilize EVERY season and legal weapon that Pa allows to harvest the best buck I can. I fill all my doe tags during flintlock season, as it is my favorite time of year, plus it’s when I see the most deer. I love being in the woods and it makes no difference to me if it’s with a bow, rifle, muzzleloader, flintlock, or a slug gun.
post #143 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 07:52 AM
The Man

Quote:
Fine, but in the end it’s the way YOU feel about it. There are those that feel that it’s sacrilege to criticize anything about rifle season, while at the same time taking underhanded shots at archery hunters by insinuating that archery hunters don’t have the camaraderie and fellowship that rifle hunters do. They portray archery hunters as young, selfish loaner punks who think they are better than everyone else and don’t understand or respect the sacred tradition of PA rifle season. They are all “duped” by “gimmicks” and led to believe that if they plant a food plot and hand a stand over it that they’ll shoot a Booner. They don’t “hunt the right way”, the “traditional” way. All they care about is what a buck scores and showing it off to everyone while looking down their noses from their ivory towers, telling everyone how much better hunters they are. They don’t appreciate that deer hunting in PA is all about big woods camp life, lever action rifles, and fluorescent orange.

That is what this thread has turned into, all because the OP made a JOKE about failed archers watching a rifle hunter shoot the buck they’ve been after. Some seem to feel that they have the RIGHT to criticize archery hunters, their gear, their tactics, their season, etc but don’t you DARE say a discouraging word about rifle season because THEY are the true PA hunters, carrying on the traditions that archery hunters want or destroy...
I still think you are focusing on the minority. Most everyone I know personally hunts both archery and rifle. The only thing they seem to complain about ( myself included at times ) is a slow rut during archery or the area they are hunting in rifle being too crowded.
Anyhow when are you coming back to the sports forums? We miss you down there.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #144 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 09:06 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
I still think you are focusing on the minority.
ABSOLUTELY...that is how these things get started.

Only fools fight in a burning house...Day of the dove
post #145 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 09:20 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellodog View Post
As much as I enjoy bowhunting, I miss hunting in rifle season. Most of the other bowhunters I know feel the same way.
I miss the anticipation and camaraderie of deer camp, but I don't miss the constant blasting and deer running for their lives. I haven't gun hunted in 20 years because 1) My travel back to PA from out of state doesn't allow for multiple trips and 2) More importantly, I find enjoyment in seeing all wildlife, not just deer, in their natural state and feeling like I'm truly an unknown intruder on their space. The moments I'll forever remember in the woods that didn't revolve around kills would never have happened during gun season.
steelhead125 likes this.
post #146 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 09:30 AM
The Man

https://www.outdoornews.com/2018/04/...ecline-sports/
loridr and steelhead125 like this.

Bigfoot saw me but nobody believes him!
5D
post #147 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Anyhow when are you coming back to the sports forums? We miss you down there.
So it wasn't my imagination...
steelhead125 likes this.

Pence/Putin 2024
post #148 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 11:45 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So what is the insinuation of the last series of posts? That archery hunters don’t have “camaraderie” with each other and are a bunch of loners that don’t spend time with their friends and family while hunting?
Trask you are being such a buzz kill. Yes you can still have camaraderie in archery season but it’s not quite the same as rifle season. Don’t really care to get in to all the reasons why I feel this way right now.

It’s simple really, I don’t like people who think they are better than me because they chose to hunt a different way than me. I’ve seen more hardcore bow hunters have this opinion than rifle hunters and it annoys me to no end that they act like I’m not a real hunter because I use a gun. Then again a as the majority of the people I hunt with hunt both rifle and archery so I’ve only seen a few people with this attitude.

As for the tactics I love everything about bow hunting except the bow as I’d much rather carry a short range rifle instead.
post #149 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 11:53 AM
The Man

Guys any big opener should be a time for celebration. Not getting angry over some petty comments someone may have said. Someone can hurl the worst insults at me on here today and I will be totally unaffected by it tomorrow morning . The only thing I will be focusing on is my hunt and the crew I am with.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
post #150 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 12:00 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Guys any big opener should be a time for celebration. Not getting angry over some petty comments someone may have said. Someone can hurl the worst insults at me on here today and I will be totally unaffected by it tomorrow morning . The only thing I will be focusing on is my hunt and the crew I am with.
Ive got half an hour left in the car then it’s time to hit the ground running with the 4 hours of daylight left.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page