Things are really heating up !! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Things are really heating up !!

Well I went out today at 11 to pull the rest of my trail cams I had out and on the way out to my spot I saw 3 mature bucks along the road with does ! I went and pulled 3 cams and got back to the house and had 3 different bucks this morning on my one cam and 1 on another cam and the third one the batteries were dead with no pics !!

Blend in or go hungry !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 02:51 PM

sounds like you`re at the right hot spot , unless it changes ,. hopefully not
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 02:53 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I believe it! My thought was the end of the last and the next few days will be crazy! Pa bow season needs to run like other states. It stays in til the end of hunting season.
hunter-trapper21 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 03:11 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NECK SHOT View Post
I believe it! My thought was the end of the last and the next few days will be crazy! Pa bow season needs to run like other states. It stays in til the end of hunting season.
I’d rather see this than Sunday hunting.
pchunter1231 and Mussgrass like this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 03:20 PM

Archery season is not long enough. Yes some will argue that archery has the longest season for deer but you have to remember, archery is the most interrupted season we have once small game, early muzzy, turkey season kicks in especially if you hunt public land. Wasnt a big deal this year as i only saw 1 car everytime i hunted the SGL in my area. There just isnt many guys out hunting these days.
Doneworking153 likes this.

4B
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 03:46 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

No way...Sunday hunting first. Giving extra days to people that work the norm 5-6 days doesn't do much. NO REASON to not allow the pgc to allow Sunday hunting. NONE.
rrroae likes this.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

I think they should do both ! No reason not to ! Most of the other states do it !! The guy in Kansas where I hunted last year said what that's crazy they end the season before it really starts !

Of course Archery season isn't what its suppose to be anymore to most guys ! Since they legalized the crossbow almost everybody hunts with them because up to about 60 yds they're just like a rifle ! I know some guys down around liverpool, Pa that have 8,9 and 10 year old kids and they drive deer to the kids and the kids are told to shoot them. They have wounded so many deer and there mentors don't care they just want the meat. Between the one guy and his son he told me they had something like 17 tags ! That is just ridiculous !! The same guy the his daughter has wounded something like 7 deer has a wife that has also wounded 4 or 5 deer and they don't care they just move on and hunt more !! That right there burns me up big time !!

Blend in or go hungry !!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 08:42 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I hunted Ohio this afternoon and had seven does walk by me heading to a winter wheat field and saw three small bucks searching. I think a lot of the older bucks are tending does. I'm off Friday, Saturday and Sunday and should be some bigger bucks cruising alone by then.

The older I get the better I was.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 08:01 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007hunter View Post
Id rather see this than Sunday hunting.

Me too. PGC now has the authority to schedule Sunday hunting whenever they see fit. It's coming.

GOBBLE THIS!!!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 09:02 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall gobbler View Post
Me too. PGC now has the authority to schedule Sunday hunting whenever they see fit. It's coming.
Nope, not yet. Right now, trying to get the watered down bill passed that will only give us 3 Sundays to hunt during the season. Even that hasn't fully passed yet.

Suburban redneck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page