The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Archery Bear and Buck <24hrs!!

5K views 61 replies 45 participants last post by  .257 
#1 ·
I'm not a big fan of broadcasting anything on social media, but I had the opportunity to harvest a 160lb male black bear, and a whopper whitetail buck in less than 24 hrs while hunting public land in the Allegheny National Forest. I have a camp in Heart's Content area, and harvested the bear in Cherry Grove Twp, while shooting the buck on SGL 29. Just goes to show what great opportunity is out there for Pa hunters! I have had many great experiences in my life time getting married, graduating college, having children, etc... And I would rank this right up there with one of the most memorable. Don't know, nor do I care to ever try to top this moment. Maybe when my children get old enough and harvest their first bear, or whitetail will I be able to relive the feeling. I have been able to harvest some really nice whitetails on public land in this area over the past few years with archery equipment, and I commend the PGC in all their efforts to restore great hunting back to these deep wilderness areas after being wiped out back in the early 2000's. Now if i knew how to post a pic I would. they really screwed this site over. Its a shame!!

#6 ·
I emailed them to myself from my phone then downloaded them to my computer. i'll play with it, but i don't have patience for that kind of stuff. I already typed a story about how it went down, and i'm ticked off it got erased trying to post a pic. So maybe i'll try later but i don't got time to screw around now.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.