The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

November 15

4K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  Fullfan 
#1 ·
Crunchy, loud walk in! I can’t tell if that’s the moon or sun in the sky! So bright out! Good luck!

#6 ·
Been a busy morning in the stand. Seen a total of 13 deer. 1 was a buck. Not the one I seen last night. It must of been hit by a car bc it's right leg is busted and it could bearly walk. It came to 20yrds broadside. I took the shot. It's a decent 6pt. I just got back to the truck to get the dragging rope and strip off some layers. I watched him wobble off and fall around 50yrds out. I'll post a pic and story later.

#10 ·
Keep after them Redlab. My area of 2G really turned on in the last 2 days. From nothing moving to seeing bucks everywhere. Chasing, tending, lurking. One of those big boys is going to make a mistake.

Congrats Madhunter!

Keep after them boys, I've seen 4 bucks so far this morning driving around for work.

#13 ·
In the stand at 6:15, sat till 10.. Saw a total of a big fat zero!! Deer in my area are gone, don’t see bucks nowhere including the Does. It’s like they all migrated out the the Muncy Hills area. Anyone I talk too also are seeing hardly anything. Congrats to the lucky hunters so far. Now it’s down the the wire..

#15 ·
Only saw 2 bucks and 2 doe so far. Been in the stand since 7:00. Did get down once to change stands though. Only staying till 2. I keep hearing about the magic hours 10 till 2. Im not convinced but I also know you'll never kill one by being in the house.

#16 ·
Went out this morning hoping to fill a doe tag if the right doe came through. Been seeing lots of deer from this stand until today. Very slow. A 4 point and 2 does that were too far away.

#17 ·
Had a decent 8 point that was working my way, he looked up the mountain and off he went. Must have been a doe up in the thicket. I got down around 10 and walked the trail the buck had to cross as he went up the mountain and he had some fresh scrapes he had made. Going back in there this afternoon.

#18 ·
Another long day. 2 in the morning and 4 in the evening. Saw maybe 2.5 or large 1.5 year with doe on my way in in the evening.
Checked cams to find a spot for tomorrow and nothing. Pretty much all buck activity was between 11-3 and 11-11. Hardly anything on cam. Lots of tracks in the snow but now pattern or reason (heading away from bedding and corn)
I may just hunt off my front porch as feel it’s a wash in the woods., lol!

#19 ·
After not seeing any for 3 straight days and having those winds in my face it finally picked up tonight, seen a really good buck on the way in. Then like some one flipped a switch, they started moving about 4. Six doe came through and this one was trailing last. Put a great shot on her and she piled up in sight.... I love My Hoyt.... FMJ Shafts, Rocky Mountain Premier broad heads...

Attachments

#22 ·
Saw 5 today. A 3 point and 4 doe. The prior 2 days the 13th and 14th it was pretty wild . Saw more chasing and harassing those 2 days then any other.
Saw a couple single big doe today, nothing after them. The 3 point I saw cruising and called him to the tree. Tomorrow is it. Good luck to all.

#23 ·
Things happen fast in November, I questioned myself for not sleeping a little longer and going to work early so I could get out in the afternoon. Not even a squirrel, About 7 45 Heard a bleat behind me, Turned and saw her come out of a gully, behind her antlers. Sighting to shot couldn't have been 20 seconds. Nice 8 pt only went 25 yards. Good luck tomorrow guys, and stay on your toes.

#25 ·
Sat from 1330 until dark. With ten min of light left I had 7 does and a 8pt walk past, followed by 9 long beards. Very slow rut activity here, have hunted every day for the past 11 days. two weeks ago was the only day I saw good hard rutting activity.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.