November 7 - Page 4 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 09:07 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Well got in the stand at 1 and it was raining and cold here in 2G but it was suppose to turn over to all snow around 5 just for prime time ! At this spot when it is raining there are always a couple bucks that show up so the cams say ! So the rain started changing to snow around 4 and at 4:15 this 7 point steps out and offers me a shot at 33 yds but I decide to pass on him and hold out for one of my big guys ! He stood there for quite a while as I was trying to get my Tactacam out of my pocket. here is the short video I got of him and don't laugh because I was free handing the cam and it was cold and wet !

Blend in or go hungry !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 09:10 PM
The Man

Came in on the backside of where I saw bucks cruising on the hill yesterday. While I was looking for a tree a fawn came running up to me. Must of saw movement and thought I was itís mother . It was close enough that I could almost reach out and touch it. After a few moments of confusion it turned around and went back down into the thicket it came out of. Found a bunch of scrapes and a good tree but only saw one doe 100 yards out the rest of the evening. Really had high hopes on the way out because I was seeing deer out in the fields and one big buck cruising in a field with his nose to the ground. Not the most comfortable sit. Rain soaked through my clothes but I like the spot and will be in there in the morning.

Darton DS-3800
Public Land Hunter
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 09:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to 59Willys
Cool video!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa.Bone View Post
My son just randomly grunted yesterday afternoon around 5 and a big buck that must have been bedded in a nearby overgrown briar and goldenrod field came charging in all bristled up. Littlebone wasn't able to close the deal but a great encounter.

You call him Littlebone to his face do ya old man? LOL

Sadly most of my life has been wasted, but the rest I spent hunting, fishing, and trapping...
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59Willys View Post
Started to snow this afternoon,not much but enough to cover the ground, Told my wife I"m going out back for a couple hours see whats lurking around. Got up in my stand around 3:15 at 3:30 I killed a heavy 8 pt.with 18 inch spread! :

I know a guy in Harborcreek area with an old Willys, your first name George is it?

Sadly most of my life has been wasted, but the rest I spent hunting, fishing, and trapping...
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 05:52 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularJoe View Post
You call him Littlebone to his face do ya old man? LOL
He's 31 now, but I still think I could take him.
RegularJoe likes this.

The older I get the better I was.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 06:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to 59Willys
No,name is Pat. I don't recall seeing another Willy's riding around in Harborcreek? My friend in Erie has a blue 47. I have to keep a eye out for him.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page