Leashed tracking dogs - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 12Likes
  • 10 Post By dpms
  • 1 Post By EIGHT POINT
  • 1 Post By Tuna_

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Leashed tracking dogs

I think its worth reminding everyone that this service is now legal and available in Pa for the tracking of deer. united blood trackers.org is a great reference to find tracking dogs in your area. Click on the state of Pa on the map and dozens of handlers will come up with it being highly likely that one will be within an hour of your position. While they cannot charge for tracking on state game lands, they can accept tips for their services. Most of these handlers just enjoy watching their dogs work and I am sure would be very happy to get the call to try to locate a deer.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 01:55 PM

Nice website they have and an excellent hobby to have that can help others....
ruger300 likes this.

LIVE TO HUNT - HUNT TO LIVE
TAKE A CHILD HUNTING AND PRESERVE THE SPORT
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 04:56 PM

I figured there would be some available in my area of the state by now, but that’s not the case based off the website. I would think you could turn it into a pretty good side business as well in this area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 08:30 PM
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the post.I actuallty found that site yesterday and had looked up some trackers just for kicks to see if any were near where I hunt.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 10:31 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Andy Bensing had a lot to do with blood tracking becoming legal here in PA and he is a member of HPA. If anyone needs a tracker, use the united blood trackers website and don't be afraid to call someone from far away. Andy told me he travels quite far to help, depending on the circumstances of the hunt, because it helps his dogs stay sharp and they live for tracking.

My hope is to never need a dog, but it's certainly nice to know there is a great resource if one is needed.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 11:48 AM
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reminder. I just checked out the website and it’s cool to see there is a guy less than 30 minutes from me. I can’t get a good read on average price. (I believe we had a thread on price in the last couple years)

This won’t sit well with everyone, but at a few hundred bills, I could only see myself using a tracker on a pretty darn good buck. Even then only if I believed it was a mortal hit after exhausting all other efforts. I am not discounting the immense amount of time it takes to work with those dogs, those guys deserve what they charge. Still, It would certainly have to be a nice one
Asajoe1 likes this.

Last edited by Tuna_; 10-22-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page