The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

10-19-19

4K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  JJ4D 
#1 ·
Nice cool morning to be out in the woods. Good luck to everyone.

#10 ·
Slow morning in 5C. Two doe at a distance and one spike came in to the woods and hunt out for a while. The two resident jackasses came over for a while too. Saw the one at a distance and thought oh there is a big buck. Binos go up, just a jackass. They qualify as antlerless right? Will be put for some evening hunts this week.

#11 ·
4 bucks including 2 heavy beamed and one I’ve had pics of in my yard. Unfortunately, I had hopes for the bear that circled me Tuesday and while it seems odd to not allow bows if Bear hunting even if you have buck tags I follow the rules and watched them cruise by inside 20 yards. Is what it is and I chose my hunt. I’m back to travel next week with my 2 week break over. Wife volunteered for a Fundraiser for Scouts today so unless there’s a change I’m done until next weekend. Good luck and stay safe.

#16 ·
Decided to stay all day. Constant activity. Saw many deer. I shoulda brought food. I figured to be out by 10. Its 1 now. Theres deer all around so I'd ruin it by walking out.

Saw my target deer with my eyes for the first time, hot and tongue dragging, never
stopped . I had no chance to react except to identify. He had a buddy with him who was also hot, but he offered a shot that I didnt take. Not sure if it was the right choice or not, but too late now. Saw another known solid buck a short while later. No shot, but he is likely to be on the hit list with a good shot opportunity.

Warm now, 55deg. 29 this am. Hopefully the evening is just as exciting as the morning. Good hunting all.

#17 ·
Went out this morning around 10 to put up some sticks and a new stand close to the area I've seen the 4 bucks come from last night and the last time I hunted this area. When I got there the wind was blowing in different directions so I didn't want to take a chance at bumping them with the wind so I just looked at the area the best I could and found a tree to hang the stand in but I have to wait for a w or NW wind possibly a SW wind. I just don't want to blow them out of there ! I will take my climber tonight and set in the same tree as last night and with a SE wind it should be a good set I just hope they come out a little bit earlier tonight or at least give me a shot unlike last night ! Good Luck to all venturing out !! Stay safe !!

#18 ·
Talked to my buddy who went out for bear this morning. He told me when he got to the parking lot there were 5 trucks and 2 of them were guys with muzzleloader. When I got to the parking lot around 1:30 there was 1 truck left. I don't think this muzzleloader bear season is going to kill many bear or ruin many of my spots for deer.

#20 ·
8:09 this morning. Her three kids in tow. She lead the way. I did hit her a little back and did not realize her angle. Decided to sneak out, regroup, and look for her at three. Hardly any blood. I went to were I last saw her. She bedded within 30 yds of that and expired. Good luck to everyone else. I only heard a couple shots this morning.

Attachments

#22 · (Edited)
My 4th day out hunted in morning and evening.Stayed on the mountain and moved my stand alittle.Nothing seen but chipmunks
and squirrels all day.Tried lite rattling at dawn but nothing responded.Coyotes howling in predawn and then they were going nuts again half hour before dark.Only two deer seen this season for my efforts.

#25 ·
Hunted over a large 5x5 scrape that was really fresh and had been tended in the morning. I called a 5pt in right at 6pm with a very light grunt and bleat sequence. He got to about 35yds and fed off toward where he came from. He did not hit the scrape which confirms to me that he’s not a major player in the area. I’m guessing a majority of the scrape activity it at night still. I’ll hunt it again next week some time.
The next two weeks should be pretty great.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.