Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the spot! lol but too far of a drive for me. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 12:07 PM
Part of the Community

Just finding out about this

Figuring out how to use the Map.

So what is this anyway? Private property who told game commission they want people to hunt the property?

AMGOA - FOAC
"Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms."
-- Andrew Ford
Old 06-20-2019, 12:11 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberdoodle View Post
Been in the program some 30 years now and if anyone can't tell where to ask for permission that person should not be in their own back yard unsupervised.
I am a computer guy and am having trouble seeing any dots near bucks county

Ahh the legend..

AMGOA - FOAC
"Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms."
-- Andrew Ford

Last edited by thefirstndsecond; 06-20-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 06:51 PM
Sage

Go to the LAYER LIST to enable coop lands.

thefirstndsecond likes this.

wmu 3A

Last edited by timberdoodle; 06-20-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:31 PM
Part of the Community

i have about 4 spots to check out. Thank you for this. I had no idea where to hunt on my own around where i live. I hunted PA on state lands with a buddy a while ago and with other friends on their property but never anything I could just go and hunt.

I'll check these out and hopefully get my daughter to come along.

AMGOA - FOAC
-- Andrew Ford
Old 06-21-2019, 08:42 AM
Frequent Contributor

You have to ask permission first. These properties shown on the map are not all up to date and many I've found to be either not enrolled anymore or new owners that allow hunting besides their own family.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:03 AM
Frequent Contributor

I'm 0 for a lot. Everyone I ask that participates in the program denies me.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jms44 View Post
I'm 0 for a lot. Everyone I ask that participates in the program denies me.
Obviously I have no idea how you present yourself when you knock on doors to ask permission to hunt. I have however seen how some other people dress when they do it I fully understand why they were denied. While you don't have to wear a coat and tie you should be clean and wearing clean clothing and not a T-shirt with a smart statement on it and not wearing dirty jeans or dressed like you just came from a job on a construction crew. If you are wearing a hat, remove it when the landowner opens the door, it shows respect. You should pick a time of day when the landowner will likely be busy and you should be your politest self. It doesn't hurt to have your name and phone number written down and hand it to the landowner as you are asking permission to hunt. Sometimes landowners want to think about it before they give an answer, or have a change of heart after you leave because of the way you presented yourself. If you do get permission, ask if there is any place the landowner doesn't want you to hunt and whatever you do, do not descend on the place with a group of your friends, you were the one who received permission, that s a good way to be told not to come back. If you want to take a friend, asked several days before you show up to hunt and keep the number of your guests very small, as you are the real guest. I am not indication that you were not respectful when you ask permission, merely giving suggestions. I know what ticks off landowners and why they post property and deny access.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
Old 06-21-2019, 12:01 PM
Part of the Community

We'll see when I go up and ask. I know at least one of the properties has the signage out front.

AMGOA - FOAC
-- Andrew Ford
Old 07-12-2019, 07:50 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I gave a short answer before but here is a little more info. Some properties have signs indicating cooperating landowner some I found by map. I always approach landowner WAY before or after season. I introduce myself and have a conversation about me, my hunting and the property. I find out if others are hunting the property. I let the property owner know what I drive and if I will bring anyone with me. I stop back every year and touch base and sometimes bring a small token of appreciation. (Gift certificate, bottle of homemade schnapps or case of beer)

All that said...here are my results. One landowner told me no twice but later his adult son said I could hunt turkeys only and could not bring anyone with me. Two flat out said no. One woman said yes then disappeared. Never saw her or anyone at house for several years. Unsure if she passed away or went into nursing home?? Two were very easy to deal with and said it's open to hunt and just enjoy our property. However one of those is a little crowded.
And all these properties were specifically asked about turkey hunting. Only one allows me to hunt deer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in