What Arrow and Broadhead are You Shooting This Year? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

What Arrow and Broadhead are You Shooting This Year?

I'm tired of reading about and discussing hunting on Sunday and I'm over the Saturday Rifle Opener banter. Time to change the subject and get back in gear gentlemen.

What arrow/broadhead combination are you shooting this year? I've settled on Gold Tip Velocity XT 300 with a Magnus Stinger Killer Bee fixed broahead. The tolerance on the gold tips are unmatched as most of you know (big change from the Maxima Hunters I have been using). I'm done with the expandable boradheads (Rage Hypo) they just don't cut it (pun both intended and not intended).

Anyway I'm pretty excited to shoot a buck with this setup on November 3rd (Yep SUNDAY!)
Pahack likes this.

Previously JJ5C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 12:52 PM

Black eagle carnivore. Steelhead 100.
Worked flawlessly last year. Ill stick with that.
JJ4D likes this.
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 01:05 PM
Regular Visitor

easton fmj and qad exodus broadhead. devastating combination.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 01:07 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Victory xbolts and 100 gr. slicktricks
Work great for me
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I honestly don't even know what arrows I shoot, but I'm sticking with my Rage 2-Blades. I'm 8/8 with them, including two questionable shots, and nothing has made it more than 80 yards. People either love them or hate them. Out of curiosity, those that are done with them, what's your reason? My only complaint is that I never get a pass-through and thus blood trails can peter out quick. But on the same note, I believe this works in my advantage as the arrow gets banged around when they run through brush.
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 01:34 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Easton Bowfire & 100 gr G5 Montec ... May look at a different fixed blade option this spring, but haven't really decided yet.
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 01:43 PM

I'll be using Victory Bolts and G5 Strikers if I use the crossbow. If I get a new compound I'll probably stick with the Strikers but no clue on what arrows.
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 01:50 PM
dce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftyshad View Post
I honestly don't even know what arrows I shoot, but I'm sticking with my Rage 2-Blades. I'm 8/8 with them, including two questionable shots, and nothing has made it more than 80 yards. People either love them or hate them. Out of curiosity, those that are done with them, what's your reason? My only complaint is that I never get a pass-through and thus blood trails can peter out quick. But on the same note, I believe this works in my advantage as the arrow gets banged around when they run through brush.
I'll continue to use slick tricks like I have since 2003.I never lost a deer,never broke a head,never didn't get a passthrough and only ever had one out of close to 100 deer run out of sight.That arrow banging around in the deer is no advantage at all.
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 01:57 PM

5 mm FMJ 340 with 125 gr. VPA non-vented. Been shooting those for a few years now. I am a heavy arrow and fixed broadhead guy through and through. I had a 6 shot streak going with the same arrow/broadhead (resharpened each time) until the arrow broke off in my buck this year.
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:09 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce View Post
I'll continue to use slick tricks like I have since 2003.I never lost a deer,never broke a head,never didn't get a passthrough and only ever had one out of close to 100 deer run out of sight.That arrow banging around in the deer is no advantage at all.
Thanks, but I didn't ask why you use another broadhead. I'm sure 100 people could say that about 100 different broadheads. I was looking for reasons that people no longer use rage/mechanical or do not like them. I've heard plenty of people not like them, but have never heard a reason and am curious if I'm missing something - if there's a reason to switch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page