The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

8th Annual Rut activity Progress

18K views 73 replies 49 participants last post by  cspot 
#1 ·
It’s time!

Let’s hear what your seeing-rubs, scrapes, trail cam info, chasing etc.

As always, this is NOT the place to argue when, how, why or what causes the rut....

Post county and WMU

I’ll go first-5C Berks county, scrapes opening up all over-more than usual for my hunting area. Bucks seem to have split from bachelor groups based on trail cams. No other rut related activity.

#13 ·
5B York County. Did a scouting walk today with the rain and found a fresh scrape and numerous rubs that weren't there 2 days ago. Set a camera watching a trail intersection where the scrape was found so hopefully I can get a pic of a big one. I think we're all going to see a lot of scrapes and rubs show up this weekend with this cold front.

#16 ·
I have been seeing lots of buck sign in both Pa. and Ohio. Lots of rubs and scrapes. I took a picture yesterday of a big rub that I believe was made by a big long tined buck and he has some giant tracks also. Not sure if the picture will show it, but he rubbed about a 5 or 6 inch ash tree and his tines were knocking the bark off an adjacent ash that was over a foot away. No youngster did this and I am hoping we can meet sometime.

Attachments

#18 ·
PA.Boone: Very impressive rub. I was standing and admiring a nice rub like that in IN at 11:30. Thinking to myself I wish I could see the buck that made that rub then when I spotted him on the way in...luckily he did not see me and had to go behind a knoll to come out on the other side...I was ready for him...he scored 154.

#19 ·
The kid just sent me videos of big bucks hitting scrapes in 4e......at night.

#22 ·
Got up at 5 this morning, took my girl out to do her business in the yard (Labrador) To my surprised sounded like 2 bucks fighting as I open the back door. I quickly lower my sweat shirt hood down from my head to hear better. Sure enough it was. I grabbed the flash light an as soon as I cast the light in the direction where I heard it come from in the woods they stop fighting. Walked out back slowly and seen 1 set of eyes just standing there. I couldn't see the body due to still lots of foliage.

#29 ·
I got 10 different buck hitting a scrape I over marked...whole area around the scrape is busted up rubs other scrapes just destroyed...even fresh ---- on scrapes...mystery monster in the back in one pic

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.