TC Parts - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
The Man

TC Parts

Been out of the cycle. Now that I see TC Hawken disappeared from the TC catalog, where are rifle owners getting their repair parts. TC or other merchants?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 12:42 PM

Re: TC Parts

Cain's Outdoors and RMC Sports have a pretty good selection of TC parts. I wouldn't wait to long though because I doubt there will be anymore made.

What parts are you looking for?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 01:08 PM

The lyman GPR flint and percussion locks pretty much drop in to the TC lock mortise. I have read on other forums that TC was out of some parts already. Like the Patriot Pistol, lifetime warranty, but parts have been largely non-existent for years. There are enough of them out there, that I would think someone might go into business supplying the internals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
The Man

What parts are you looking for?

Ha, well at this moment I don't need any. But without parts a rifle can quickly turn into a piece of junk.
Pa was always a good source for archery and muzzleloading needs. PA has more archers and more flintlock muzzleloaders and more store outlets for these products.
I got a certain broadhead from a PA store for over ten years, unavailable even in the big box store locally, where I was.
I spent various time, I remember it well, hunting down stores that had blackpowder, a ramrod, flints, and such.
Good to read a frizzen can come from Lyman.

Hopefully someone will get into this 3D printing and supply any out of production parts.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Part of the Community

The lock is where most are having issues!!!! I found that replacing the original lock with an L&R RPL LOCK, is the way to go. Parts available, much more reliable, and fast!!!!!! No frizzen problems!!! Just a little wood removal. Don't worry about warranty with TC. There ain't any!!!!! As for barrels, plenty of drop in"s out there also!!!!! I've seen TC flint lock sell on eBay for the price of an L&R. I've always looked at a TC Hawkin as a starting gun for most real muzzle stuffers!!! Eventually they either move onto a true longrifle or build there own with top notch parts!!! Tired of the old "Click, Click, fizz, Boom"

Chartiers valley#725 F&AM
NMLRA,HCH,CLA,
Forest Grove Sportsmen
Sewickley S & F Club
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Ha, Wpalongrifle, I guess I haven't really touched paths with the muzzleloader fraternity probably since the late 70's.
Shot one TC Hawken's and that was it. Shot it, hunted with it, and never looked for a replacement.
Had a friend who was into TC Hawken's and Contenders. Been cleaning the rifle the same way for over thirty years and still am using the original lock. May have replaced two frizzens. Was taught how to line up the flint with the frizzen before shooting. Keep a jug of moosemilk in the shed.
I better keep doing it the same way.
Shot the rifle in a lot of places where flintlocks were a strange thing out of the past.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 01:18 PM
The Man

If you need to replace a broken part,send it to TC 1st as it is free.I broke a Seneca hammer couple years ago and got a new one free.Flea Bay had them for around $50.At THAT time they said they were recasting parts for the discontinued models.

The answers to all of life's questions are found in the Bible!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Frequent Contributor

I like the sound of those L&R locks. Do they come finished or bare metal? The pics look like bare metal. I have a partially stripped down Renegade that some wood butcher already hacked out the stock on. Maybe I will give one a try since they get a good review. Always good to have an extra MZ around going into season anyway. Thompson locks bring about $140 on eBay so it is a cheap upgrade if it helps. I hunt with people with Lymans and I would say they have fewer FTFs than I have overall. A guy showed me how to knap the flint and that has helped a bunch.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Part of the Community

The L&R locks are bare metal. As cast!!! All the internals are finsihed and hardened ready foy use..They need to be finished!! Exterior,,,, Draw file, Emory cloth- polish, then
Brown or leave to age(rust) naturally?? I currently use Chambers locks on all my rifles!!! I have one gun I've been shooting for over 25 years still original parts and frizzen!!!! I just bought a replacement for it last year!!! not that it needed to be replaced!!!! I just wanted a backup..this lock has at least 25,000 shots on it... Dropped into inlet like it did many years ago!!!!! That's quality control.. Once you shoot a rifle with a top made lock, you'll never shoot a TC LOCK again!!! The V mainspring is stronger and twice as fast. If not faster!!!

Chartiers valley#725 F&AM
NMLRA,HCH,CLA,
Forest Grove Sportsmen
Sewickley S & F Club

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page