Just my 2 cents - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Location: Armstrong Co. Pennsyltucky, Camp : Huston Hill, Elk /Cameron County
Just my 2 cents

I intentionally avoid the debate issues here on HPA. For me, cruising this site is fun and I am looking for tips and hoping to pass along little tidbits to guys with like interests.

The Black Powder Message Boards have been a great place to avoid the debates. Does anyone else notice this?

I am glad guys share their opinions and get things aired out so that all can se both sides. I just hope that this group ( The flinters and BP enthusiasts) keep on sharing, helping and advising and leave the debates to the archer/X-bow groups!! Just Kidding!!!!

DISCLAIMER: This was meant as a "chuckle" at very sensitive topics. It should not be construed to be bashing someone from debating anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Sage

Re: Just my 2 cents

Yep..a fine group here!

Anyone not following the unwritten rules here...gets smoked out!!

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 02:59 PM
The Man

I have messed with black powder for a long long time. I have found the Guys & Gals who are hooked on the sulfer smell will do more to help their fellow shooters than any other group of people I was ever around.

First time I ever shot in Friendship, this is back in the early 70's (Primitive had just a few lodge's in the "valley") no fences anywhere. I went to the line nervious as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I was having a terrible time and the guy loading across from me offered me anything in his box to help me out. After he shot his relay he offered me his rifle to finish my round!! He didn't know me from Adam.
That really impressed me, as I thanked him and asked what I, as a pilgrim, could do to repay him his answer was "all I ask is you help the next guy, remember we all have to start somewhere and we all had someone help us out, sure I want to beat you but I want to do it when you are having your best day with the best gear you can have on hand."

The vast majority of BP folks feel the same way and have as much fun helping out and sharing as they do scoring.

Must be the smoke LOL

For those who fought for it, Life has a flavor the protected will never know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggy
Anyone not following the unwritten rules here...gets smoked out!!
Thats a fine way of putting it Loggy!!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Part of the Community

Send a message via Yahoo to Rattlinbucks

This is how it should work, remember i said should.We all share the same passion for hunting, it should not matter what weapon we choose to hunt with, it is your personal choice, no group of people or hunters should be better than others, we should all help each other, pass what we have learned along to anyone. you know i have met some great folks that hunt with all types of weapons, i remember there names but can not tell you what there weapon of choice was, did not care our bond was made because they were hunters.

RIP Ron Baldwin & Pastor Lewie Mericle, thank you for all the 50 years of memories. 3 A POTTER CO.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlinbucks
This is how it should work, remember i said should.We all share the same passion for hunting, it should not matter what weapon we choose to hunt with, it is your personal choice, no group of people or hunters should be better than others, we should all help each other, pass what we have learned along to anyone. you know i have met some great folks that hunt with all types of weapons, i remember there names but can not tell you what there weapon of choice was, did not care our bond was made because they were hunters.
Your exactly right!SHOULD!!!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 07:08 PM

a healthy debate isnt always a bad thing

take a kid hunting and fishing it will keep them out of trouble
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by treestand91
In certain Forums but not in the main stream here.

Its a different kind of comradery in the smoke rooms. You will find that the overwheming postings here are about askin for advice, sharing tips, comparing loads, postin pics of smokers, pics of smoker harvests, helping others, setting up hunts that members share etc. I'm not saying the participants making-up the majority of posting traffic here are any better whatsoever ...but we are a lil different than the others!! Likely a resultant of sniffin that aromic black powder smoke!!

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by treestand91
In certain Forums but not in the main stream here.

Its a different kind of comradery in the smoke rooms. You will find that the overwheming postings here are about askin for advice, sharing tips, comparing loads, postin pics of smokers, pics of smoker harvests, helping others, setting up hunts that members share etc. I'm not saying the participants making-up the majority of posting traffic here are any better whatsoever ...but we are a lil different than the others!! Likely a resultant of sniffin that aromic black powder smoke!!
Exactly Loggy----a good many of us have known each other here for YEARS! We even know some personally. Look through the posts to see pics of us hunting, fishing, etc together. For the new guys you will quickly learn to take what we have to post with a grain of salt or simply send Loggy or Gentleben your shirt tail!

AIM SMALL MISS SMALL
Isaiah40:31Wings of Eagles
Numbers6:24May HIS Face Shine Upon You
DeColores
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 07:23 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Thinking we got lucky last year there Bunky. LOL. This year no quarter for anyone.

Dale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page