anyone else feel this way? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

anyone else feel this way?

I'm an avid archery hunter and rifle hunter. Spent countless hours in the woods, i believe being on 27 or 28 hunts in archery and every day during rifle. Little bit of squirrel hunting inbetween and went up north bear hunting. While I have had a great season thus far, I still have doe tags and a buck tag, and every year I look forward to flintlock season more than ANYTHING! I seriously love shooting the flinter. Missing nearly every shot, i've been fortunate to kill 2 does in the past 2 years out of 4 years with my gun. Something about hunting the late season is more exciting than anything. I mean its 11 oclock Christmas Eve and all I can think about is flinter season. Always a great time to get along with some guys and put on some drives and let some guns go off. I don't know, i'm just real pumped this season. Might be taking the bow out in an area that I can't shoot a gun... not 100% sure yet but i just cant wait to get out there. Good luck to everyone heading out! Hope your guns go off and the lead flies true. Merry Christmas everyone and have a happy holiday season
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 01:51 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: anyone else feel this way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBaxter
I'm an avid archery hunter and rifle hunter. Spent countless hours in the woods, i believe being on 27 or 28 hunts in archery and every day during rifle. Little bit of squirrel hunting inbetween and went up north bear hunting. While I have had a great season thus far, I still have doe tags and a buck tag, and every year I look forward to flintlock season more than ANYTHING! I seriously love shooting the flinter. Missing nearly every shot, i've been fortunate to kill 2 does in the past 2 years out of 4 years with my gun. Something about hunting the late season is more exciting than anything. I mean its 11 oclock Christmas Eve and all I can think about is flinter season. Always a great time to get along with some guys and put on some drives and let some guns go off. I don't know, i'm just real pumped this season. Might be taking the bow out in an area that I can't shoot a gun... not 100% sure yet but i just cant wait to get out there. Good luck to everyone heading out! Hope your guns go off and the lead flies true. Merry Christmas everyone and have a happy holiday season
I'm excited to. Good Luck!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 02:00 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

i, as well. absolutely love hunting with the flintlock. camp, will have about 8 -10 hunters. what an enjoyable time of year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 09:37 AM
The Man

I'm the same way. I hunt with my .270 because I enjoy the venison; but I hunt with my flinter because I enjoy the hunt.

If you're having trouble hunting for deer,
don't wish things were easier;
wish you were smarter.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have 2doe tags left and an archery license, but would rather call predators this time of year.....I am not good at it and want to experience some success.

I prefer my kid hunt and fish rather than steal and deal,
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Baxter
I'm an avid archery hunter and rifle hunter. Spent countless hours in the woods, i believe being on 27 or 28 hunts in archery and every day during rifle. Little bit of squirrel hunting in between and went up north bear hunting. While I have had a great season thus far, I still have doe tags and a buck tag, and every year I look forward to flintlock season more than ANYTHING! I seriously love shooting the flinter. Missing nearly every shot, i've been fortunate to kill 2 does in the past 2 years out of 4 years with my gun. Something about hunting the late season is more exciting than anything. I mean its 11 o'clock Christmas Eve and all I can think about is flounder season. Always a great time to get along with some guys and put on some drives and let some guns go off. I don't know, i'm just real pumped this season. Might be taking the bow out in an area that I can't shoot a gun... not 100% sure yet but i just cant wait to get out there. Good luck to everyone heading out! Hope your guns go off and the lead flies true. Merry Christmas everyone and have a happy holiday season
plus 1 you will never loose that flinter feeling merry chistmas cbaxter
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Frequent Contributor

Hunting with a flinter is by far my favorite.

You can't get em from the couch.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 01:17 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackmaster4
I'm the same way. I hunt with my .270 because I enjoy the venison; but I hunt with my flinter because I enjoy the hunt.
You should keep the .270 at home.Alot of us use our flinty,s in the reg.f/arm season as well.You would be surprised how much better it will taste when you harvest one with your smokepole.Good luck.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Frequent Contributor

cant wait as soon as our family dinner is over i will be pulling out the cammo and the smoke pole
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 04:24 PM

i already told my kids they are out the door at 5 oclock because at 5;05 iam on my way to camp so good luck to everyone

hate hang fires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page