Official CVA Electra Thread - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Official CVA Electra Thread

I'm starting this thread for all CVA Electra user's. I did a search for information on this CVA model and it is surprising there isn't much information available on the forums.

***Please post tips, tricks, and first-hand experiences with the CVA Electra muzzleloader.***

Fact #1: Yes, this is a discontinued model. For whatever reason, the new technology of this muzzleloader just didn't catch on. I'm sure there are
a million opinions on this.

Fact #2:
These guns originally had a price tag of well over $400 and can now be had for a steal of a price. This means there are many guys out there that will be shooting them, myself included. So whether you like the concept or not, this thread is intended for guys to keep safe and get the most enjoyment out of this muzzleloader as possible. That's why I ask....please no bashing.

Let the information begin!!!

<span style="font-weight: bold">"I will not tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death…"
- Unknown</span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 09:30 PM
The Man

Re: Official CVA Electra Thread

I,m on CVA,s newsletter and enter the s/stakes every month for a chance at winning it.What are the best prices that you guys have seen?I got The Sportman guide and they are pretty cheap in there.I heard alot about em when they first came out then nothing.I too thought they must have discontinued them till I got the email news letter from CVA and seen it in the S/Guide.Did they just announce the cancelation?
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Not sure but I dont think they are legal in PA. .

Dale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 10:27 PM

the sportsmans guide has them i believe for $175-200
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 11:07 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Sholder
Not sure but I dont think they are legal in PA. .
I don,t think that is true Dale.It would be in the regs and advertisements.Plus I seen them in our shops.Frontier,I read alot of reviews on them tonite.Alot of good and bad.All from poor workmanship to not goin off below freezing.Bein that you are a CVA authority,what is your opinion about this rifle in general?
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 03:20 PM
The Man

I just got off the phone with CVA,s Cust.Service.They can,t gurantee how long they will carry parts for these rifles.That is a concern to me.Still waitin to here from you F/Gander.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by good ole boy
I just got off the phone with CVA,s Cust.Service.They can,t gurantee how long they will carry parts for these rifles.That is a concern to me.Still waitin to here from you F/Gander.
That's odd because when I spoke with them they told me they are required to carry parts for 7 years after the discontinued date and that the service would be provided for the life of the gun to honor the Lifetime Warranty. Guys have cried B.S. on CVA for that statement...a sort of "been there, done that" impression that left a mark.

<span style="font-weight: bold">"I will not tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death…"
- Unknown</span>
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 12:46 AM
The Man

The guy told me that it is a LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY ON MANUFACTURES DEFECTS ONLY.I too brought this to his attention.He down right admitted that within 10 years this gun would be a wall hangar.It doesn,t surprise me cause they left their f/lock customers out to dry.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 12:49 AM
The Man

See this gun was only made for a short time and has specific parts that are unique to this rifle.Heck I had my credit card out to purchase.I keep thinkin about it even though I know it would not be in my best interest.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 05:36 PM
The Man

Looks like this thread died.I was really lookin forward to some users comments on this.I know the buyers comments on places sellin em that I read isn,t in their favor.Alot of unhappy owners.One issue that CVA told me is that the cold non firing is contributed to the battery.It comes with a alkaline battery,and the battery will fail to ignite the rifle in the cold.CVA said you MUST use a Lithium battery in temps below freezing.I think if they would have included this type of battery with the rifle it would have been way in their best interest instead of cuttin pennies and including a battery that won,t perform in the standard regular winter type weather.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in