traditions pa pellet - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

traditions pa pellet

I found a traditions pa pellet for 199 with the camo stock and nickel barrel. What is the word on this rifle. I am looking to get into a little muzzleloader hunting next year and would like to pick up a decent rifle without spending $500. Please give me the good and bad of this gun and if it is worth it. Thanks.

Only the pentitent man will pass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 12:42 PM

Re: traditions pa pellet

from what I have seen the traditions are not too bad for the money. The sights tend to fall off or break easy and the lock is not too good. But for 200 and if you only want to just get into it, it sounds fine

Friends don't let friends buy inlines
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 12:47 PM

flinters aren't great at igniting pellet fuel. You may find it easier and more reliable to stick with holy black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Frequent Contributor

I own and hunt with the Pa Pellet Ignition has never been an issue and I use 777 pellets and 350 gr hornadays. When you get it throw the factory sights out, they are junk. RMC has replacement sights that are metal. The locks on the Pellet are different from there other guns a bit more heavy duty
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 01:52 PM

I just got done fixing and tuning up my friends, to make it work the best here are my suggestions. Get the frizzen carberized, they have a thin layer from factory and wear quickly, use english flints, and get a uncle mike's or equivalent hot touchhole. Triple seven pellets seem to work better in it but any moisture(fog etc..) gives these guns a fit on ignition, also the two screws that hold the lock are 2 different length, male sure when u put them back together u put the correct one in or else u will lose 1 like my friend did. I like more traditional muzzy's but to get into it and have fun without breaking the bank go ahead good buy

Anybody can shoot deer on the farm ground....You earn it in the mountains.......
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmerstutzen
flinters aren't great at igniting pellet fuel. You may find it easier and more reliable to stick with holy black.
I have had no problems with powder or pellets in my PA Pellet . The biggest thing I have ran into is soft frizzons .

MuzzleMike

Come and see me on YT !
http://www.youtube.com/user/MuzzleMike
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 09:40 PM

was shooting my flinter ( traditions kentucky0 with 80-100gr American pioneer powder. That stuff goes off like it was real black powder!! I did use 4f goex in the pan though.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Regular Visitor

I have the all cammo one and it likes 2 pellets and a 245 gr. powerbelt hollow point.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Frequent Contributor

I have the camo/nickle one. Love it! I worked on the trigger a bit and she is great!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Part of the Community

I shot my pa Pellet today for the first time and I've fallen in love with it after only 5 shots.. : ) I took a few notes from what I read on here and my first five shot I ever took with a flint all went off and all hit the target at 50yards.

I sent 8 grams of ffff powder down the barrel followed by 2 pyrodex pellets and a bullet. Filled the pan a little less than half full with ffff and BANG. last three shot were a 3" group at 50 yards. I'm hooked..
PS I paid 200 for my used flint also. Best 200 bucks I've spent on hunting in a long long time..
Pull the trigger and get this flint.. If your not happy with the flint I'll buy it off you for the same 200 you paid for it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page