TC Triumph Question - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

TC Triumph Question

I was supposed to be going to Illinois this year for a late muzzleloader hunt, and went out and bought a new toy. TC Triumph, with a Bushnell Trophy XLT scope. I got boned on that deal and wont be going out, but wouldnt mind using it during the rifle season this year in PA, which I believe is legal. Even if its not and I cant use it this year here in PA I would still like to use it at some point.

Just wanted to know if anyone had some tips as far as what kind of powder to use with it and loads? Do I use the pellets or regular powder? What kind of bullet would you suggest as well? What have you had success with and like a lot? Any tips on your setups for these would be greatly appreciated.

Get that effect that will cleanse the soul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Banned

Re: TC Triumph Question

3 pellets of thriple seven shock wave bullet and thats all you will ever need. Mine is deadly out to 300 have shot it off the bench lots at 100-150-200-250-300. You should have got the Leupold or similar scope that has the ballistic dots in the scope already for the drop. I have the Leupold sabr I believe its called and its spot on!

They are legal to use during rifle and early muzzleloader only.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!!! Are those pellets 50 grains each? Also what grain of bullet/sabots do you use? My scope does have the ballistic dots as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Banned

Yes but are the ballistic dots for a muzzleloader/shotgun or for a rifle they will be drastically different. It is 150 grains 50 grains each 250 grain shockwave with the sabot that comes with it. Federal Fusion 209 primers.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Frequent Contributor

Hey Buckslayer,i have the same gun and after trying all sorts of powder until i found one that gave me ease of loading,cleaning and great accuracy.It's Blackhorn 209 and to me makes everything else obsolete.I use 80 rs with 300 gr.thompson shockwaves or Hornady SST's and get just super accuracy.Yes,you can use that rifle during the regular deer season.Make sure you use regular shotgun primes and not the muzzleloading ones.You clean the rifle with bore solvent and not water.Hope this helps and keep um in the center.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Frequent Contributor

I have an uncle who has one and he also has shot it in at 300 yards, and its very accurate. He uses Blackhorn 209 and 250 tc shockwaves, follow the instuctions for the Blackhorn as it does measure a little different. Very accurate and easy clean up, I'm sure your going to like your new toy whatever you use.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 07:27 PM
New Arrival

I use the blackhorn 209 also, is great and I will not go back to any of the others. its very easy to clean up and in my encore its very accurate. It only comes in loose powder not in pellets but the ease of clean up makes up for having to mesaure it out at least in my opinion. If you do try it make sure to follow the load instructions because it does measure a little differently than black powder or the other subsitutes
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys for all the tips, shame Im tagged out and wont be able to use it this year!!!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 03:14 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

When I use those sabots, do I have to use or should I use some kind of bore butter or a lubed up patch for those, or can I just load them as is? Just want to make sure I get it right, I've done some research, but want to get your guys opinions?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page