6Likes
  • 4 Post By Ted b
  • 1 Post By Ted b
  • 1 Post By Buckethead

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

10/24

Took the savage ml ll for a trip to state game land and look at what we found. Two does come down the hollow 1 didn’t make it out. Worst part couldn’t remember if powder tube was had powder or not so dump the load before loading bullet. End up with just the load in the gun get down tracker her have shot her again. Now out of loads for weapon dress the deer sit down on alogwhat ambles by nice medium bear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 27A9BF57-CEEB-4B62-AC9D-049935877AEF_1571953641426.jpeg (181.8 KB, 52 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 06:47 PM
The Man

congrats on the deer and that is how it happens sometimes hunting with the bear
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 07:01 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Me and my brother planned a morning sit 630 till 10 on public ground.I had muzzleloader he took bow
I got a call at 730 from my brother said he got a nice 8 down.I was outta the woods by 830
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Thank you. Saw a real nice 8pt probably around 130” what is real nice for a 8 pt. Congrats to your brother
flintlock hunter likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 07:16 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted b View Post
Thank you. Saw a real nice 8pt probably around 130Ē what is real nice for a 8 pt. Congrats to your brother
Ill try to post a pic tmrw

Any buck is nice to us a tiny 5 point to a monster 10

A bigger then average 8point for public land in lackawanna county
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Oh no I was just saying what it is. I hunt in area where some spots we have high expectations and then since one thing none of my brother have killed a true pa mountain buck we have different goals. But any deer killed by a hunter is happy then it’s a trophy and I will not say anything against it iam truely happy for the hunter
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 08:27 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I know
I'm not sure of measurements never did them or not even sure how to
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 07:16 AM

My son and I went to a friend's property in 1A last night He opted to sit in a ground blind in the old pasture field and I set up about a 100 yards behind him in the woods in a ladder stand. After about 30 minutes, I spied a deer to my right feeding on acorns. I was starting to shift the gun when it picked up its head and I saw antlers. Turned out to be a little 3 pt. About a minute later, another deer appeared 50 or so yards below me. I could see it was a fawn and as I was raising my binocs, momma came into view. I got on her and at the shot, she didn't seem to react like I hit her at all. She bounded out of sight, head and tail up. I was sitting there wondering how I missed her. I decided to wait a few minutes before getting down. The fawn returned to where she had been then ran off the same direction the doe took. After a couple minutes, the buck reappeared and walked over to where I had shot at the doe. He put his nose to the ground and was sniffing around like a dog. I climbed down and when I got to where she was standing, I found some hair and a little bit of blood. The hair looked white and the blood looked almost like a strip of fat. I'm thinking I hit her low in the brisket. I began walking the direction she went and found 2 more little pieces of fatty blood. As I was poking around with my nose to the ground I was texting my son telling him I thought I had shot low and just grazed her. I picked my head up and looked about 10 yds to the side of me and there she lay. I had drilled her right through the rib cage and through both lungs. She had only run about 15 yards from where I shot her. Pretty good sized doe and she had white feet to boot. My son saw 7 different bucks from that ground blind. The only doe he saw was being chased by a huge 8 pt and he couldn't get a shot at her. He was losing his mind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3051.jpg (1.43 MB, 28 views)
Littlepines likes this.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page