TC Triumph Breech Plug - Help! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By IHMSA53393

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

TC Triumph Breech Plug - Help!

Hey All,

Getting the inline ready for a hunt in KS next week, and I can't get the breech plug out! The model is a TC Triumph Bone Collector model with the Speedbreech XT. I was struggling with it after a range session, and over rotated it past where you line up the lines to pull it out. Now I can rotate the breech plug, but I cant get it to come out. Any thoughts? I thank you all in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 06:13 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I would call tc and ask for help.

Good luck, Stant
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 06:19 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

what Stant s suggested ,I never was around an inline so I really could not really help you ,other than agree with Stant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 07:07 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

This is the time of year that T/C and probably other manufacturers get most of their calls about stuck breech plugs. Usually from lack of cleaning or over tightening.

Try using a hair dryer on the barrel. Heat it up long enough and you may get a little metal expansion to loosen the breech plug.

Should also mention that when done shooting at the range. Remove breech plug. That residue from powders like 777 turns to tar and will make removing breech plug difficult.

Last edited by IHMSA53393; 09-10-2019 at 08:18 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 10:32 PM
New Arrival

Line it up where is supposed to be for removal and knock it out with the ram rod down the barrel. Just had to do this with same gun this weekend. Took a pretty good knock to get it out.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Thanks all for the input. Wrestlecoach was right. Took a heck of a knock be it came out. Thanks again.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 10:10 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlecoach View Post
Line it up where is supposed to be for removal and knock it out with the ram rod down the barrel. Just had to do this with same gun this weekend. Took a pretty good knock to get it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97dakota View Post
Thanks all for the input. Wrestlecoach was right. Took a heck of a knock be it came out. Thanks again.
Out of curiosity. How dirty was the breech plug? What powder were you using and how many shots were fired before trying to remove the breech plug?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 01:41 PM
New Arrival

About 15-20 shots using blackhorn powder. Breech plug was not very dirty. Seems like rubber o ring sticks
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 06:50 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlecoach View Post
About 15-20 shots using blackhorn powder. Breech plug was not very dirty. Seems like rubber o ring sticks

Interesting, I use Blackhorn 209 in my TC Pro Hunter and have never had a problem with a sticky breech plug. One thing I do use is TC Bore Butter. All natural lube. I know I can fire multiple rounds without cleaning using Blackhorn. But I like a clean bore in practice because I'll be shooting a clean bore hunting.

I'll wipe my breech plug, o ring once per shooting session. And one patch with bore butter down and up the barrel, one clean patch the same for every shot at the bench.

I take tubes of bore butter and melt in the microwave and pour into a plastic container filled with clean patches. One tube of bore butter goes a long way. Hence lubed patches on the cheap.
joe8768 likes this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 07:20 PM
Sage

Also common with the TC ProHunters breech plugs which have a rubber O-Ring. Just a lil love tap will do it.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page